GDT: Hawks @ Flames, Nov 3, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
No, I get that people want Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm broken up at 5v5. I am asking what observation you made as to why that shouldn't happen? They haven't done much against a Keith-less hawks squad.
I am sure you have been watching this match so the answer lies there.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I am sure you have been watching this match so the answer lies there.

The first line has not scored 5 on 5 so I am not sure what the answer is. If you mean that Monahan found himself facing a wide open net during a 5 minute power play, that really has no bearing on what the 5 on 5 lines should be.

Breaking up a first line that has been highly ineffective 5v5 is what people want. No one is saying Monahan can't still score tap-in PP goals if you break up the 5 on 5 line.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The first line has not scored 5 on 5 so I am not sure what the answer is. If you mean that Monahan found himself facing a wide open net during a 5 minute power play, that really has no bearing on what the 5 on 5 lines should be.
What's wrong with that line on 5 v 5?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Breaking up a first line that has been highly ineffective 5v5 is what people want. No one is saying Monahan can't still score tap-in PP goals if you break up the 5 on 5 line.

Lindholm and Gaudreau need to stay together though.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
What's wrong with that line on 5 v 5?

They are pretty bad defensively as a trio and most of their scoring is opportunistic Gaudreau magic rather than sustained pressure. It's why we lead the league in third periods entered while trailing - this game makes it the 11th time this season in 15 games. Monahan plays with a much higher compete level away from Gaudreau so it only makes sense to split those two up rather than keeping them bleeding. You can't defend their 5v5 play by pointing to 5 minute powerplay goals.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'd actually agree with splitting Gaudreau and Monahan. It hasn't been a great line defensively besides Lindholm.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Neal
Tkachuk-Monahan-Czarnik
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Jankowski-Ryan-Hathaway

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I'd actually agree with splitting Gaudreau and Monahan. It hasn't been a great line defensively besides Lindholm.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Neal
Tkachuk-Monahan-Czarnik
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Jankowski-Ryan-Hathaway
Neal?? He can't do anything. I would rather have Frolik up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad