Kunitz — Kampf — Kahun
Fortin — Kruger — Martinsen

DEFENSE
Keith — Jokiharju
Gustafsson — Seabrook
Rutta — Manning

GOALTENDER

Crawford

The Blackhawks will be hungry for a win tonight.

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Calgary Flames: Odds, Predictions and More
The Chicago Blackhawks are 1-3-1 in their last five games. On Wednesday, they outplayed the Canucks for most of the game but couldn’t keep up with their third line. Unnecessary penalties and bad defense contributed to the loss.

Two nights ago, the Blackhawks were shut out by Mikko Koskinen and the Edmonton Oilers 4-0. Even though they put up 40 shots on goal, their poor defensive efforts continued to hinder them.
Right out of the gate, Edmonton peppered Cam Ward with quality shots. Somehow, the Blackhawks managed to outshoot the Oilers 15-8 in the first period, which continued to be a trend throughout the game. Just 18 seconds into the second, Drake Caggiula got the party started for the Oilers. Chicago was on the outside looking in from there.

The power play woes continued as the Blackhawks went 0-for-3 and have converted on only 13 percent of their opportunities on the man-advantage. Only the Carolina Hurricanes have a worse power play percentage.

The Blackhawks have not picked up any points so far on the Western Canada road trip.

5 THINGS - FLAMES VS. BLACKHAWKS
The Flames are hitting their stride with three consecutive wins and points in four straight, and currently sit second in the Pacific Division with 17 points entering Saturday's action. … The Flames are coming off an impressive, come-from-behind victory on Thursday against the Colorado Avalanche - a game in which the homeside overcame a 4-1, third-period deficit with five unanswered goals to emerge with a 6-5 triumph. Mikael Backlund , Elias Lindholm , Sean Monahan , James Neal , Mark Giordano and Michael Frolik supplied the offence, while Mike Smith made 21 saves to record his fifth win of the campaign. … Giordano, meanwhile, had a career night, posting four points (1G, 3A) to lead the Calgary comeback. The skipper now has 15 points (2G, 13A) on the year and trails Toronto's Mike Rielly by only one point for the league lead in scoring among defencemen. … Following tonight's game, the Flames hit the road for three straight, beginning Wednesday against the Anaheim Ducks.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Rittich has been serving me all sorts of Crow.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this guy become a starter. It would solve so many problems cap wise. I just don’t have faith in Calgary’s drafting and development of goalies at this point

Edit: also this is the kind of game we should win, preparing for epic loss.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I must be out of touch. I've never heard of a good chunk of those Hawks players

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
The Flames will roast and devour the Blackhawks like a pig at a hoedown.

Flames 1 - Blackhawks 5

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I must be out of touch. I've never heard of a good chunk of those Hawks players

When you blow 1/3 of your capspace on Toews, Kane and Seabrook (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL), you have to fill the rest of your roster with nobodies.

If the Flames come to play tonight they should easily shred Chicago's defence. Their 3rd d-pairing is atrocious and Seabrook can barely move.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Chicago Blackhawks player stats

Highlighted players are in tonight's lineup

BLACKHAWKS.JPG

BLACKHAWKS1.JPG

Reactions: Sk8M8

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The Flames have been hot, Chicago has been butt, Bob Cole is commentating, all is right with the world.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That Panarin trade is really Saad in hindsight,
I think that was pretty well a given the moment it was done. I'm sure there was much Saadness in Chicago that day.

Reactions: Dack

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was sad that I'll be missing this one on tv, but if Bob Cole is trying to commentate, maybe it's for the best. Doc says one more aneurism and I'm toast.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Might be at shark club tonight so minimal gdt posting, but Satan is with us all and will guide the flames tonight to victory.

Like lambs to the slaughter the Hawks will come only for Belial to unleash his wrath unto them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad