Post-Game Talk: Hawks defeat Stars 2-1 in the prolonged shootout, 100th career win for Crawford

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Oh, one last thing. How the hell did our announcers fail to see what happened with the Robidas injury? They were fixated on him going down, but never seemed to see the fact that his foot bent 180 degrees backward against his leg. It was a horrific injury that made me queasy to see, yet they seemed unsure of what had happened. Dude, his leg broke. Completely. Horrifically. Someone in the broadcast crew needed to clue those guys in.

Pat Foley doesn't even know the Soviet Union collapsed. You expect him to pick up on small details like an ankle bending back backward in slow motion? :laugh:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hate to see Kane's point streak end, but let's hope this eases his mind, and he get multi point performances now. Hopefully the Hawks can average more than 2 goals a game now, (when Zues came back) since Q decided to switch up the lines that were averaging about 5 goals a game previously..

Nothingman*

Think he was talking about the Dallas guys on the NHL network... If not they missed it too.

I think th were trying to be cool about it and didn't show the replay of the injury multiple times. They knew but were being respectful.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
1 Crow 2 Lehtonen 3 Smith

A win is a win is a win is a win

Crow was good outside of his misplay of the puck on that goal (which wouldn't have happen ended had leddy not blasted a pass at the skate of a teammate 3 feet away).

It was very rewarding to see Smith get the SO goal as I thought, along with Hossa, he was the most effective player on the ice. He's been great and he's made it impossible for Q to pull any shenanigans and send him down.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Crow was good outside of his misplay of the puck on that goal (which wouldn't have happen ended had leddy not blasted a pass at the skate of a teammate 3 feet away).

It was very rewarding to see Smith get the SO goal as I thought, along with Hossa, he was the most effective player on the ice. He's been great and he's made it impossible for Q to pull any shenanigans and send him down.

are you sure about that?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
No ****. Q is a puzzle.

Did anyone catch the adjustments he made after the 2nd? They were made to target Dallas' less than mobile D. He realized with Robidas out they would be in trouble and he singled out their least effective puckhandling D man and chipped into his corner all 3rd period looking for a bad turnover to create a scoring chance.

Did everyone miss that adjustment, I mean it was obvious to make that tweak to the game plan. Certainly he must be aware of the situation and know how to exploit it right? I mean he's Q for God's sake.

Did he make the adjustment or is the most talented lineup in the league unable to execute his omnipotent wisdom?

No, he's an idiot not a puzzle.

LandofLincoln*

It is nice to win a few low scoring games. I know the goalies like to keep their GAA numbers low as possible..

Nothingman*

While not the most common use of the term Soviet anymore, it is actually a correct way to reference people of the former USSR.

How is that correct? They are all individual countries. Soviet Union is long gone. That is why it is calked 'former'. I bet if you called an Estonian, etc. a Soviet you would hear a much different story.

jrc494

Jan 6, 2012
this + he has a one way contract.Trade,inury or press box are the only options for him

People with one way contacts can still be sent down. It's not like NHL 14. That being said Smitty isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Q is saying how great the 4th line is playing. Smith is playing very well, he is not going anywhere

RomersWorld*

Yeah, the 3rd line looks great because Kruger and Smith are actual threats offensively. When the 4th line can sustain play in the O-Zone and actually have scoring chances(chances to score...not a shot from the blueline with no traffic or a wide open player but you need Bollig to make a good pass. I mean real scoring opportunities). Kruger and Smith are perfect for the 4th line. If only they had a respectable 3rd linemate they would be the best 4th line in the NHL.

krazyhawk

Jan 9, 2006
Montreal/Nova Scotia
People with one way contacts can still be sent down. It's not like NHL 14. That being said Smitty isn't going anywhere.

A 5yr old knows one-ways can still be sent down but tks anyway.The point was his contract is just another one of the factors keeping him in the lineup.Not the sole reason nor the biggest reason just a reason.Oh and I don't play sports video games so I've no idea what NHL14 is like but you'd think the video game rules and the NHL rules would be the same.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
When Bickell comes back just stick him in the third line with Shaw and Steeger and scratch Bollig.

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Pirri-Kane
Bickell - Shaw- Steeg
Krugs -Handzus- Smith

or Q can even spice things up and go

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa

idk just neither Pirri nor Smith deserve to be benched in favour of Handzus or Bollig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad