Post-Game Talk: Hawks beat Oilers 5-4, Keith actually scores, Rozsival takes one in the face

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Lackluster effort tonight nearly cost them. The PK is not getting any better

Thankfully a few calls went the Hawks way there at end ,, Nice to see it even out after the horrific penalty shot call

Still nice to get W

12-2-4 on year

Yep ... that pretty much sums it up. I think it was the best game by Saad as a Hawk... and a good 3rd period by Kruger.
Oilers are pretty bad but recently they manage to get us playing their game. Q might not be exuberant over the run and gun win, but the 2 points will smooth that over.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
They will come back down to Earth, but I had them making the playoffs before the season started. Sacco really, really held that team back. Their defense still isn't great, but they are a legitimate threat.

In his post game interviews, Q has been praising the Avs for a while now, especially their speed and youthful line-up. It seems Roy may be a better coach than many anticipated and his competitiveness has worn off on his players. That will temper somewhat, so we'll see how they do in the 2nd half. My take is: their goaltending will tell the story.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Surprised Crawford didn't start. I know we don't have another game for a few days but if Khabi is incapable of being our backup i'd rather find out now so it can be addressed instead of finding out right before or god forbid after the trade deadline when Craw has already started 45 games

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
The Avalanche team save percentage is 94.72.

Unless they have the best defensive team in NHL history (by a mile), it's pretty safe to say that'll be going down.
But it's impressive they've sustained it for this long.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
You need to BLOCK SHOTS on the PK..never gonna happen with Keith on since he lost his teeth on such attempt a few years ago...he just doesn't anymore amd Seabrook is too slow and just mot in proper position and or not reading and anticipating well and not clearing guys out effectively...they are a mess on the pks...Hammer and Oduya do block shots but when they go chasing instead it can result in goals but usually because our lazy forwards are not supporting by covering the open shooters..in short pk success is about blocks about positioning and anticipation to get in the right spots to block or break up passes and about the will to get to loose pucks and clear. ..but right niw we are not doing any of those siccrssfully and the only offset has to be CC stopping opposing PPs better..As for our Pp...one successful PO among several FAILS with so few shots and scoring chances plus the Shame of giving up a shorty,is not sufficient enough a "success" ...ie. that our marketing hype dept. will make a big deal about another game where we got a PP goal but gloss over the uglly PP FAILS we had..so PP and PK overall STUNK and must be addressed by Q...

I believe he lost teeth on a clearing attempt out of the Sharks' zone by Marleau...not on an attempted shot block.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
You need to BLOCK SHOTS on the PK..never gonna happen with Keith on since he lost his teeth on such attempt a few years ago...he just doesn't anymore

Most blocked shots among all Blackhawks players
2010-11: Keith was 3rd
2011-12: 3rd
2012-13: 4th

Hm.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Anything on Rozy's face?

Dude this is hockey... It looked like a bad smack to the noggin but I'm sure he will play in the next few days....

Remember Keith eating the puck back in 2010 - the guy only missed 10 minutes....

I'm sure Rosy will have a nice new scar and some stitches but will be good to go...

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I don't know, Selanne flew back to Europe and missed a few games to get his teeth done.

:laugh:

Why? does he not trust US/North American dentists or something (especially the dentists NHL teams can afford (and have on retainer) - which I'm assuming are the best in the world)...

LOL...

Did he want his new chicklets to be fashioned out of Finnish walrus tusks?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:laugh:

Why? does he not trust US/North American dentists or something (especially the dentists NHL teams can afford (and have on retainer) - which I'm assuming are the best in the world)...

LOL...

Did he want his new chicklets to be fashioned out of Finnish walrus tusks?

Better magazines probably :nod:

My dentist office has such lousy choices

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Funny thing is most NHL players wont even get "new teeth" until their careers are over.... They just wear "bridges" or whatever they're called. No use getting "new teeth" knocked out....

Well sometimes if they're not totally shattered (or just lost on the ice) they will put them back in. Duncs is going to have to have a whole new grill installed after his career...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Crawford hasn't looked good, but this happens. Still made some nice saves.

Good to see the depth score some goals too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad