Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
animation+%25285%2529.gif

Salvaged a win

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd say it's pretty typical Flames. Unable to prevent good chances against even when they make it their priority, but they would have survived anyway if it wasn't for a stupid bounce.
GG "we have bad luck"

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wish we'd stop turtling with every big lead we get. Almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let's just hope this provides a spark for a run now

Reactions: Sk8M8

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good to get 2 points. Keep doing that, will ya please?
Shouldn't have blown that lead. Do not like that one bit. ugh. Still want to see some changes.
Hope for a better year for the Flames in 2018.
Happy New Year, everyone!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wish we'd stop turtling with every big lead we get. Almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Let's just hope this provides a spark for a run now

It's not even that we turtle. It's that we don't punish them when they take chances (ie missing the 2-on-1 and breakaway and not cashing on the open net on a few net-front scrambles) and that we don't even manage to limit quality chances against when we do it anyway, which makes it pointless.

Reactions: Rockmorton

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
tbqh it's a game of inches. two inches to the left and Bennett has an EN goal and a faceoff center ice. an inch to the right and that puck doesn't hit Hamonic's skate.

I'll take the win. Mangiapane played a strong game. I don't think Tkachuk and Jagr mesh well enough on opposite wings, too homogenous.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
tbqh it's a game of inches. two inches to the left and Bennett has an EN goal and a faceoff center ice. an inch to the right and that puck doesn't hit Hamonic's skate.

Luck has nothing to do with it. You cant have bad luck for ever. You make your own luck.

Either GG system/coaching is not working

Or we have really bad players on the team

Probably a little bit of both.

I'll be shock if they make the playoff without any changes

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
So good to see Johnny and Monahan get a few points too. Obviously it's one game, but it's like a sprinkling of water on scorched earth right now. Maybe something will get going again, and I don't care if it's only at 75% of their torrid pace earlier in the year. I'd like to see some consistency develop over the next while. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. It was just nice to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->