Confirmed with Link: Hawks Acquire Antoine Vermette for a 2015 1st & Dahlbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I also like how Vermette errs on the side of shooting and driving the net. Something this team doesn't always do.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Really liked his game last night, might be his best game as a Hawk. Definitely OK with this trade if he continues his solid play. Still don't want him back next year though.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
This trade was always about two things: 1. Putting players in their proper slots and 2. Bolstering out C depth.

Because of this trade you can have Shaw at wing, creating a stacked 4th line. You don't have to rely as much on Richards now as well. Finally, if there is an injury the team can handle it better.

It's not about the points he puts up, it's about what having him allows us to do from a total lineup perspective.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vermette is nothing more then a average 4th line C at this point. Kruger is more noticeable offensively and stronger defensively

28 games as a Hawk and Vermette has just 1 goal and 4 assists

1st + Dahlbeck is a brutal price to pay for that. Only way Stan can avoid this being epic blunder is by the Hawks winning cup which would still make this horrible trade but at least we could live with it and move on

Not looking good on cup front at moment

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Vermette is nothing more then a average 4th line C at this point. Kruger is more noticeable offensively and stronger defensively

1st + Dahlbeck is a brutal price to pay for that. Only way Stan can avoid this being epic blunder is by the Hawks winning cup which would still make this horrible trade but at least we could live with it and move on

What? Vermette has been really good since he started playing in Nashville. Isn't the point of this trade to win the cup? It is a horrible trade for you but a good to decent trade for the majority of people who post here and are analysts.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Vermette has been excellent since drawing back into the lineup. The third line has been the 2nd best possession line on average since he returned. They've also been on the ice for very few goals against.

Great pick up by Stan to solidify our team's center depth.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

2 points/questions.

1. Vermette at C has played well defensively, or at least sufficient for a 3rd line C. I don't think that's debateable. No, he's not scoring, and we probably overpaid for him based on the result, but the trade is not as horrible as you make it out to be. It has also moved Shaw off Center which is a very good thing.

2. More importantly, number 2. When have you ever "lived with something and moved on". I think you always remember every minor mistake and harp on it for years, regardless of cup wins or not.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

not looking good while being tied at 1 in the WCF heading to Chicago. If that's not looking good, what is?

Vermette played good/solid in this years POs. That's what I ask for. I'm not a fan and wasn't happy with the trade. Never liked Vermette, but I can see what he does and his pickup was huge.

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
It's almost like he's shedding his skin to adapt to the pace the team demands. The effort he's currently making may render him useless to anyone in a year's time.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Hey guys i heard a sports announcer on am 1000 today (I think it was Ben Finfer?)saying that he heard Vermette was very upset after being scratched last nite.

Can't say I blame him, like a slap in the mouth.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hey guys i heard a sports announcer on am 1000 today (I think it was Ben Finfer?)saying that he heard Vermette was very upset after being scratched last nite.

Yeah, based on his comments, he wasn't thrilled. Understandable given that he had been playing well, and was healthy.

That said, I think his level of upset is getting a bit overstated, just because the beats aren't used to a player that isn't afraid to make it clear through words or tone that he doesn't agree with a decision. They're used to players just putting a smile on and pumping out cliches.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Yeah, based on his comments, he wasn't thrilled. Understandable given that he had been playing well, and was healthy.

That said, I think his level of upset is getting a bit overstated, just because the beats aren't used to a player that isn't afraid to make it clear through words or tone that he doesn't agree with a decision. They're used to players just putting a smile on and pumping out cliches.

true...got to hold your head up still and give a good effort next game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Must feel like a slap in mouth to Q/Bowman to watch Vermette do nothing offensively every night knowing the cost for him was 1st + Dahlbeck

It's very hard to take you seriously when you post things like this.

Antoine Vermette in 29 games as a Chicago Blackhawk

1 goal + 4 assists

Only legit defense of Vermette around here is "He is good at faceoffs" ,, So yeah no offensive game and an unimpressive all around game outside of faceoffs = 4th line C at this point

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Is it confirmed that Vermette is back in tonight?
He had better be!
And Q had better be sent packing after this season … time for an intelligent, humble coach.
Q can go coach in San Jose and make even more money.
I say Kevin Dineen to take the helm for Chicago or if we want to go a little off the norm …
How about Ted Nolan? Have a coach with native American ancestry leading the Indian Head nation ...

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Calling the Vermette deal a disaster is clearly an overstatement. When you make a trade you do so w/o knowing, of course, how it will play out. At the time it was a most reasonable move. Has it panned out as hoped? Probably not. But it was a reasonable move that has panned out reasonably well...

Dahlbeck was not a major asset. A #27 pick will not be a huge loss --- you would like to have it back... but it was the cost of a better chance at a Cup. So... not at all a disaster. Depending upon what happens next I'd say this.. if the Hawks are beat in the WCC series the Vermette deal was 3 on a scale of 10. If we go to the SCF and are beaten there, it is a 5 on a scale of 10. If we win the Cup it was a 7 on a scale of 10. It was a gamble based upon a Cup run. Lets see how it plays out.

In no scenario is it a disaster though.

BobbleHeadNight*

What is shocking is how non-productive the guy is. 4 pts in 29 games. Is he playing with two broken wrists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad