Hawaii approves $350M for Aloha Stadium Replacement

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Hawaii Governor Approves Funding For New Aloha Stadium

Gov. David Ige signed a bill Monday to revitalize the Aloha Stadium area and provide funding for construction of a new stadium. H.B. 1586, now Act 268, allows the Hawaii Community Development Authority to upgrade state-owned property under the stadium authority’s jurisdiction and designates the area around the sports center as the Stadium Development District.
The new law allocates $20 million in general funds to improve the dstrict for public use. It also approves issuance of up to $180 million in revenue bonds and $150 million in general obligation bonds to build a new stadium.

New stadium will be in the 30-35k capacity with temporary expansion to 40 (link is below the article). It won't host the Pro Bowl but will be certainly well used by the island residents. Stadium site will be connected by Honolulu Rail Transit with the downtown by 2025

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
If the logistics weren't so demanding against it, Hawaii should try for getting a minor league baseball team, ala the Islanders.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
This has been needed for a while, at least if they wanted to stay an NCAA D1 team. Their current place is so rust filled it makes me feel like I need a tetanus shot just looking at pictures.

Hawaii is a high humidity location. Most things rust, some quicker than others. (While those in the US Northeast may know the car rusting out due to the winter weather feeling, those in other parts of the continental US can drive a vehicle for a decade or more safely. Cars in Hawaii do rust out faster than on the mainland.)

Hopefully, technology has developed to help maintain the steel's structural integrity vs rust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->