Have you ever wanted to see a prospect fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I love HF and talking prospects with other hockey fans like myself.
I try my best to be as unbiased as possible and only speak on players/prospects i have seen many times.
However, I really want Cole Caufield to be a bust. I’m aware enough that he likely won’t and will be a good top-6 forward in the NHL akin to Alex DeBrincat.
But Habs fans are so insufferable it makes me want him to fail and I wonder if other fans have felt the same and what your stories are?

Edit: Can a Mod add a Poll?, I forgot to add it, simple yes, no is what i intended

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I've wanted guys to fail on teams I hate, but not fail to achieve their dream of being an NHLer if that makes any sense at all. Probably doesnt but whatever.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I see MANY MANY people on here daily pretty much praying that kids fail trying to accomplish their dreams all the time

I get that people on here hate certain teams but cmon

Its gross

It's probably my biggest pet peeve when fans obviously have never seen many kids play yet shit on them always due to their hate of the team that drafted them

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Yes it was dion phaneuf because he was a hell of a prospect before his first season but after that I didn’t really ever want anyone to fail for the sake of my own team because if one guy fails other teams will also have thier up and coming players and it was pointless to hope for a hated teams player to fail. As a human it didn’t help too since of that player was our prospect would I want him to fail ? No so I’ve since moved on from that after the dion phaneuf thing.

other than that I wish many of these young men live their dreams and play in the nhl.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
"Have you ever hated a fan base so much you want their team/players to be garbage" yes. I literally hope every single other Canadian team is garbage and I hope all their prospects bust.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
I don’t think it has to necessarily be hate. Whenever you have 2 hot prospects and people are high on one they are usually bound to tear down the other (eg. McDavid/Matthews)
It’s just human instinct.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There’s a sort of natural instinct to want the competition to fail particularly in cases where you are comparing draft picks that are close together in order to validate your team’s selection.

It’s important to remember that these are young men who have worked their asses off with tremendous support from their friends and family in pursuit of their dreams.

Ultimately you want to see better and more entertaining players in the league.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I try my best to be as unbiased as possible and only speak on players/prospects i have seen many times.
However, I really want Cole Caufield to be a bust. I’m aware enough that he likely won’t and will be a good top-6 forward in the NHL akin to Alex DeBrincat.
But Habs fans are so insufferable it makes me want him to fail and I wonder if other fans have felt the same and what your stories are?

Edit: Can a Mod add a Poll?, I forgot to add it, simple yes, no is what i intended
There's only one Hab fan that's especially insufferable when it comes to Caufield.

As for wanting players to fail, there's been a couple that I hoped based on being dirty players. Jack Johnson, Steve Downie, Patrice Cormier come to mind. Never wanted a player to fail to hurt rival teams though.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Laine

This place was an absolute joke when Leafs picked Matthews first with threads about them picking the wrong guy. Didnt stop after their first few seasons, especially with the Finnish fanboys. Glad thats all settled.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Now that I'm at an age when most pros are retired, I'm not as insufferable and can enjoy the game without needing to pump the tires for my own prospects or denigrate a rival team's guy.

That said, when I was younger I certainly held some grudges. In particular I was upset with Mike Van Ryn for not signing with New Jersey and got some enjoyment with him being on non-playoff teams. But now as an adult, I can understand why he did it. Devils were offering 650K per season and he knew he could get nearly double that on the open market.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

Out of curiosity I went through your posting history and for someone that finds Habs fans so insufferable, you spend a lot of your time talking about the Habs.

To answer your question though, I think it’s a normal sentiment to want to see a rival team’s prospects fail, especially when you are insecure about your own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad