Have you ever switched allegiance from one club to another?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
My switch from Milanista to Juventino, not going so well, the damn red & black keeps calling me back

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Usually you don't do that, but...

I support my hometown club (Hannover 96) for all my life. But since they used to play in lower leagues (2nd Bundesliga and third division) in the past for a long time
I picked other Bundesliga teams that played well at the time. Some years ago I liked Hamburger SV (the Kaltz/Hrubesch years), later Borussia Dortmund (Riedle/Kohler years).
Since Hannover play in the Bundesliga on a regular basis again I only support my team.

I know many of my friends did the same, some stuck with the new team, though. Mostly Bayern.

Not surprised, Bayern is probably the easiest team to root for in all of football.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I used to be a season-ticketholder in Leverkusen. After one game against Bayern (which Leverkusen lost of course) I was walking home and there were two little kids in front of me - one a Leverkusen fan and his friend a Bayern "fan." The Bayern fan pointed at me and laughed and said (in the local Rhineland dialect) "Haha, you lost!" And I said to him: "Don't you have a local team where you come from?" To which his friend pointed at him and laughed. :-D

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I'm a casual follower of soccer so went from following Liverpool with Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge. Found them to be very exciting and liked Liverpool for a couple years. Also always root for Everton because of Howard. Now I'm loving Leicester City and jumping on that bandwagon.

I think I just follow teams based on players I like and am not really dedicated 100% to one team. Its hard to get into here in the US for me personally

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I knew this guy throughout elementary and high school. We both liked Juventus since we were kids. The day Juventus got relegated to Serie B due to a scandal he changed allegiance to AC Milan. I am still a Juventus fan!. I will understand how someone can love a team and change allegiance to one of their enemies.

I do enjoy watching other teams play.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
It'll be a dark day in hell before I ever consider becoming a fan of anyone else besides the LA Galaxy and Manchester United

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->