Have you ever met any famous non-athletes?

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I met someone pretty famous one time, it was quite the thrilling experience to say the least. It was 1999 the last year before I graduated from Witch Girl High, I was the only male among the students so safe to say I had several options for companionship. Then one day there she was... The student council president Marsha Massers. Her hair was as bright as the sun, her blazing blue eyes looked deep into my soul, before I knew it she was walking up to me. “Hey” she said after whipping her blonde hair from her eyes. I was so nervous, my palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy there was vomit on my sweater already, it was my mom's spaghetti. I’m nervous, but on the surface I looked calm and ready to drop bombs, but I kept on forgettin' what I wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud, I opened my mouth, but the words won't come out. I was chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now. The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow! Then I snapped back to reality...

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I once passed @Roman Fell and ignored his wet hacking cough and hastily made donation box in front of Capital One Arena. He was sweating and shaking while muttering nonsense in a horrible Korean accent.

I consider myself Gosh Blessed

:clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent Benis

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Met Kiefer Sutherland in the mid 90s at the old Iceoplex in North Hills one day. Pretty cool guy, came up to us outside and thanked us for realizing who he was and not making a big scene as he was trying to enjoy a day out with his daughter. Met and ended up becoming friends with another actor who was in D2, The Hurricane and a few other movies and TV shows. Pretty humble guy who would take our paparazzi jokes in stride

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Met Kiefer Sutherland in the mid 90s at the old Iceoplex in North Hills one day. Pretty cool guy, came up to us outside and thanked us for realizing who he was and not making a big scene as he was trying to enjoy a day out with his daughter. Met and ended up becoming friends with another actor who was in D2, The Hurricane and a few other movies and TV shows. Pretty humble guy who would take our paparazzi jokes in stride

Oh shit that reminds me that my buddies and I met Keifer at a bar in Toronto about 4 years ago. He was posted drunk and hilarious. Went up to my friend in the bathroom at the urinals and said ‘How’s it hanging brother? Pretty good by the sounds of it! Hahaha!’

We got some pics with him and his PR manager or whoever was trying to not have any pics but Keifer was like ‘Not no we need some pics. I’m too pissed to remember tonight. We need some evidence of it‘.

It was also a super crappy bar in Toronto and only like 8.30 on a Tuesday haha.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
I met one of the guys from Rescue Me (Denis Leary's show) outside of Fenway Park one time. I shook hands with him and we spoke for a minute. He tore Leary a new one, I told him that I started referring to that show as "Denis Leary's ego trip" and he laughed heartily and said that's pretty true. Wicked cool guy. I forget his name now, older guy, I think he may have been the chief on the show? He's the only one I can think of right now.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Not including "meet and greet" type situations, I met Rachel McAdams in a bar in Toronto not too long after the Notebook came out (very funny story to go with it too, but that would take too long). Shania Twain was my neighbour for two weeks while rehearsing for one of her tours. She lived about 100m from my summer home. Saw her about when she went for walks and waved hi, but was careful not to bother her or Mutt Lange outside of that. I know quite a few domestically known Canadian actors, comedians, musicians and tv personalities/news anchors quite well, but no one big enough to really mention. Have a lot of Degrassi connections from all eras of the show. And I walked by Kiefer Sutherland on Yonge St in Toronto a couple years ago, but it was my birthday and I was already drunk, so I didn't bother him.

sharkbyte

May 10, 2020
Orange, CA
I met Adam Sandler briefly back in 2012. He visited my college to visit his nephew and I got the last picture with him before he left. I felt bad asking him for a pic but I figured when would this ever happen again, and he said "alright let's make this quick" and then left lol

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
met Lionel Ritchie at a Dollar Tree once

he was picking up candle holders

since he had a bad back I told him not to bend down like that and that I would pick them up for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->