Have you ever met a person who you thought is a hockey player but turns out he isn't?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yes I know summer thread. But yeah from the title, back in 2008 when Stralman was still a Leaf I met this guy who looked identical to him at this Buddhist Temple, and the first thing I did (I was 14 back then still immature) was shout Anton as I chased him, before getting told that he isn't Anton and he has no idea why I think he's Anton lol.

In Hong Kong, my brother met a guy named Erik, who is Swedish as well, and looks identical to Erik Karlsson (Yes same flow as well). My brother didn't ask him if his last name is Karlsson though. So unless Karlsson has a clone(s) or is a teleporter, it's not him, as this was back in March and Karlsson just finished a game a few hours before the meeting lol.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
This may be a different concept but I use to captain a roller hockey team in a league in NYC and this guy who wanted to join claimed he formerly played in the Israeli National Roller Hockey League. He was in great hockey shape but his skills just weren't there. I relegated him to the third line and he chipped in goals every few games.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I saw a guy at my local YMCA who looked JUST like Nick Bonino sitting on the side of the pool while he daughter swam... I felt weird because I was swimming in the pool and I kept glancing over at the guy every time I got to that side while doing laps.

I had to move over to the lane closer to him to get a good enough look to tell it wasn't him. Pretty odd situation.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I saw a guy at my local YMCA who looked JUST like Nick Bonino sitting on the side of the pool while he daughter swam... I felt weird because I was swimming in the pool and I kept glancing over at the guy every time I got to that side while doing laps.

I had to move over to the lane closer to him to get a good enough look to tell it wasn't him. Pretty odd situation.

Haha, that's awesome. What were you gonna say if it was him?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Haha, that's awesome. What were you gonna say if it was him?

I'm a huge Penguins fan, so I would just shake his hand and tell him how much I value his game and shot-blocking (I'm a big shot blocker myself). and wish him luck in Nashville. Probably razz him about his choice to go from Pittsburgh to Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad