Have you ever been so mad you brought a razor blade on the pitch?

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
https://deadspin.com/soccer-player-accused-of-slashing-opponents-with-hidden-1833069713

A third-division soccer player in Turkey is under investigation after he was accused of attacking and cutting multiple opponents at a match over the weekend. Amed SK’s Mansur Çalar allegedly slashed players of opposing side Sakaryaspor before and during the clubs’ heated 1-1 draw on Saturday. Four players were injured with what is being reported as either a needle or a concealed razor blade.
A video from Turkish TV station Tv264 showed a few of the incidents, with Çalar coming up to Sakaryaspor players Ferhat Yazgan and Haci Dogru, as well as two other unnamed players. All of them reacted as if they were in pain:

After the match, the Sakaryaspor players looked like they had been attacked by a pint-sized version of Wolverine:

Amed SK have already hit back at the video and photos, both with an explanation for the provocation and a claim that, actually, Çalar didn’t have a blade on him while on the field (it’s safe to assume you never expect to have to say those words as the PR arm of a soccer club). According to a translation by Turkish journalist Emre Sarigul, the club blames Sakarayaspor for employing a variety of nationalistic propaganda prior to the match:

Amed SK hails from a predominantly Kurdish region of Turkey and is seen as a proxy club for the “patriot” Kurdish independence movement. The club was bought in 1990 by the city council of Diyarbakir as a response to the city’s previous club, Diyarbakirspor, supposedly becoming a function of the Turkish deep state. (Amed is the Kurdish name of the city, and the club name was changed to Amed SK in 2015, without permission from the Turkish Football Federation.) Amed SK has been disciplined for its fans’ pro-Kurdish displays, so often that Amed SK star Soran Haldi Mızrak toldQantara in 2017 that “disciplinary measures are unfortunately part of our team identity.”
For now, Turkish state-run news agency Anadolu claims that there is an investigation into the incident, and that Çalar has been banned from leaving the country until it is resolved.

Ummm......I don't even know what to say.....

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Based on the title I only came to this thread to see what poster was the crazy bitch. I’m kind of disappointed it was a player and not someone here but still a crazy story.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I've heard some soccer fans can be a bit violent but never heard about players bringing a razor blade to a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad