Have we seen Martin St. Louis' final NHL game?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
You're way, way, way overestimating his name value. His game has fallen off a damn cliff.
Me neither don't think nobody wants him after this sight in the playoffs. IF he continues to roll then some horribly ran club will sign him for one year period.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Could be time to retire, yep.

But honestly I think he could be on a couple of top 6, 2m for 1 season... like Arizona, New Jersey, who have big holes in their offense.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I dont think he thrives in playing in a system, i feel like he had so much freedom to do whatever he wanted in Tampa.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's crazy how fast he fell off a cliff. It's like he used up everything he had to try to show he belonged on the Olympics last year. I wonder if there's just something about the Rangers that doesn't work for him, and he'd look better on another team.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At least 1 or 2 more, imo. Wouldn't care either way. It's funny, I loved MSL and Brodeur all through their careers but near the end, both lost my respect. I wouldn't be upset to see Marty retire.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Marty was always one of my favorite players, and I've been rooting for him the entire time. But at a certain point this year it became blatantly apparent that the guy just doesn't have it anymore. He can still skate pretty well, but he has lost that quick thinking. He can't one-time, he can't shoot at all really, he loses the puck regularly, he falls down, he loses all board battles. He's just a liability.

Marty should retire. But he's a prideful guy. He's gonna want to come back and he wants to play for the Rangers. And he's not going to want to take a league minimum deal. I have no idea how this is going to play out.

evermix*

52 pts in 70 games. He still has 1-2 season left, IMO. Not so great a playoff run, but the Rangers offense overall was weak.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Someone signed Brad Richards after he had a horrendous playoff run. Someone will take a chance on St. Louis.

This has "Florida" signing written all over it.

If he goes to the Panthers then that makes his trade demand even more absurd after all this crap about wanting to be up north with his family and kids hockey. I really hope he doesn't add phoniness to his late resume.

As far as if he'd look better elsewhere. Well he would put up better numbers back next to Stamkos. But even before he left his decision making was starting to get a lot poorer. Many ill advised drop passes and turnovers and more weak perimeter play. Still it would have been a softer landing in Tampa than New York. He blew it.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
Wouldn't mind a year or two from him in Edmonton as a mentor for McDavid and the other guys.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Last season would have been the time for him to retire if he wanted to go out with any sort class. He embarassed himself most of this season.

Giterdun21

May 5, 2015
St. Louis reminds me of Mark Wahlberg in Pain and Gain.

Thinks he deserves the best. Thinks he is the best. Tired of getting "snubbed" and getting the short end of the stick.

But in reality, he just doesn't deserve it.

Why do you think he has been so succesful?
This attitude motives and inspires him to overcome his physical limitations and resulted in an amazing pro sports career.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's done. The way he has acted like a spoiled brat the last few years, I doubt any team wants to take the risk of messing up the chemistry in the room for that fossil.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
It was pretty awesome to see Tampa eliminate him after all that **** he pulled

The best result would've been an OT loss in game 7 directly caused by a St. Louis turnover right after he missed a penalty shot.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Did Jagr ever request a trade? Let alone because he was "mad" at his GM.

Pretty sure it was Jagr who requested the trade that eventually sent him to Washington. That was just after his infamous "dying alive" period that Lemieux's miraculous return helped to temporarily cure but he generally seemed to want out of Pittsburgh around 2000-01.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->