Have we seen Martin St. Louis' final NHL game?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Probably not, he either resigns with the rangers for less cash or some other team will take a chance.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm sure someone will pick him up. Hopefully not the Devils.

If the Devils were smart, they would offer him a 1 year deal so he can stay close to home, then tell him they will trade him at the trade deadline if they out of the playoffs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Some team will likely sign him IMO. I think the Habs have cap space if the Rangers let him go.

I think he should call it quits though, he is done. He can play another 2 years as a mediocre player who probably will complain about the ice time he will get.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
If the Devils were smart, they would offer him a 1 year deal so he can stay close to home, then tell him they will trade him at the trade deadline if they out of the playoffs.

Why would this be a smart thing? MSL still has game left, so it's not as if I'd completely hate it, but there is no need for MSL on the Devils.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why would this be a smart thing? MSL still has game left, so it's not as if I'd completely hate it, but there is no need for MSL on the Devils.

I don't see the Devils making the playoffs next season so they can get a decent return for nothing(basically pick up some assets that might help them in the future)

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I don't see the Devils making the playoffs next season so they can get a decent return for nothing(basically pick up some assets that might help them in the future)

Any return they get for him would be more of what they already have in terms of prospects and picks.

SenatorArmy*

maybe he'll smooth things over & resign with Tampa & then next year the rangers will eliminate Tampa

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He either stays in or around New York (NJ, Buffalo, NYI, or NYR) for 1 year reduced salary or retires IMO

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He is starting to slow down, But hes still got 1 or 2 more seasons left, If i were him id be saying "Had an off year, Ill do better next year, I had a good reg season"

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Hope not. Don't think he plays for a team outside of NYR (maybe NYI) and re-signing him would be a mistake that a cap-strapped team like NYR can't afford.

So please happen :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad