Have this happend to anyone else ??

Dinoz

Jan 31, 2011
Batcave
I usually have a good shooting technique.

From the day that i got my 2011 CCM U+ CL CrazyOvi i was shooting like a god !

Snaps were amazing. Didnt have to put any power into my shots, but they were still kickin, thanx to the stick and my tech.

But today when i was on the ice, it was all gone i couldnt shoot for **** !!:rant:

I really hope this was an one time thing, becuase it really got me pist of !

have anyone else had this problem, you have great shots for 3 weeks and then one day you simply cant shoot ???

SouthpawTRK

Sep 18, 2009
Northern California
Everyone will have an off day; no matter what a person's skill level is; from beer league to higher playing levels.

People are usually their own worst critic. I highly doubt you were shooting as bad as you describe it; just having an off day is all. Just don't let it get to you and don't over think it.

I've definitely have had my off days (more than I would like), but all you can do is keep working at it and be disciplined about practicing to get better.

Dinoz

Jan 31, 2011
Batcave
Thats my big problem,i over think stuff like this waaaay too much.

I really hope this was a day off, b/c it really made me feel like:banghead:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yes it has. I've had days I go out shooting and can snipe shots with lots of power, other days where I'm just missing the net and everything could be stopped by a five year old's bare hands.

Last week in my game, I had the puck slide off my stick on FIVE BREAKAWAYS/RUSHES. Literally had zero shots on goal except for a slapper from our end at the buzzer. Normally I'm a pretty good puck handler, like to dangle, and get 4-6 shots per game...but had an off day.

Sitka

Nov 29, 2010
Check your stick, too. It is always possible you've cracked the blade and it isn't stiff anymore.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I usually have a good shooting technique.

From the day that i got my 2011 CCM U+ CL CrazyOvi i was shooting like a god !

Snaps were amazing. Didnt have to put any power into my shots, but they were still kickin, thanx to the stick and my tech.

But today when i was on the ice, it was all gone i couldnt shoot for **** !!:rant:

I really hope this was an one time thing, becuase it really got me pist of !

have anyone else had this problem, you have great shots for 3 weeks and then one day you simply cant shoot ???
Ask Phil Kessel, he may have some input...

But seriously, only lost shots when i changed blade patterns.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Practice makes perfect. You don't develop a consistent shot all at once, at first you have days where it's awesome, as well as days where you shoot flutterballs all day. Keep practicing and those days will go away, eventually you have to think less and less and the shots just become more and more natural and consistent. Though getting to the point where your shot is hard and accurate all the time, even under pressure and off balance in game situations, takes a LOT of practice. I've been playing hockey for 16 years and I'm still prone to some pretty terribly weak shots at times when under pressure in games.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
yes... i mainly play pond hockey the first day i brought my one95 out i sniped the post/crossbar like 8/10 shots from different areas, used it again the other day couldnt hit a post to save my life not to mention they had half as much power

AvDog

Different days? Hell I had this happen in the span of 30 minutes!

I had the ice all to myself for a 1 1/2 hr stick and puck so I'd alternate between working my wrist shot and skating drills. At one point, I was able to pick my spots and snap the puck in the net right where I wanted it. After doing some skating drills, I went back and had a hard time hitting the net at all!

I think hockey objects to over-thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->