Have any of you done work on Wordpress?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I want to create a website with fairly basic article/blog-type entries that do two things:

a) incorporate a comments section

b) embed threads from twitter in the body (showing multiple replies)

I would like to integrate a social media platform for the comments section, maybe Facebook. Has anyone done this? Is there another platform that is better? A potential option is to just allow everyone to comment, which would probably require heavy moderation.

For b) is there a way to embed an entire twitter thread in an attractive way that displays the original tweet and all the replies? Something nicely laid out? I have heard of Storify, but it seems to have shut down?

I'm a complete n00b at this. Thanks for any advice.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I want to create a website with fairly basic article/blog-type entries that do two things:

I would like to integrate a social media platform for the comments section, maybe Facebook. Has anyone done this? Is there another platform that is better? A potential option is to just allow everyone to comment, which would probably require heavy moderation.

For b) is there a way to embed an entire twitter thread in an attractive way that displays the original tweet and all the replies? Something nicely laid out? I have heard of Storify, but it seems to have shut down?

I’ve hacked and slashed my way through this before. If you’re rolling your own WP (hosting your own instead of using their service) you can customize it any way you want. Check the plugins page for what you want and test them out (by ratings and if they’re current).

Reactions: Fantomas

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

I do Wordpress Development and have been using it for around 15 years. I develop websites freelance on the side.

For Comments sections there are many options. The easiest of which is Discus. Discus should allow you to connect with Facebook/Twitter/Etc to handle logins. The tricky part of some of the other plugins is the need to connect an API to the plugin. Discus is free to sign up for.

To embed threads from twitter, again there are several plugins that do this. Go to the Dashboard, then go to plugins, then go to add new, and do a search for twitter and you will see a ton of options.

Reactions: Fantomas

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I do Wordpress Development and have been using it for around 15 years. I develop websites freelance on the side.

For Comments sections there are many options. The easiest of which is Discus. Discus should allow you to connect with Facebook/Twitter/Etc to handle logins. The tricky part of some of the other plugins is the need to connect an API to the plugin. Discus is free to sign up for.

To embed threads from twitter, again there are several plugins that do this. Go to the Dashboard, then go to plugins, then go to add new, and do a search for twitter and you will see a ton of options.

Second Discus great and easy way for people to engage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->