Have any of you been in a MRI machine

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm not going to start a new thread, so I got some good news: My dad finally got word from the radiologist. I only got some fluids building up near my knee, possibly from a bruise. I have to wait it out, although if it gets worse, I might be force to be in crutches. Dodged a bullet on that one. :)

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I was suffering from twitching muscles in my right hand, then my tongue, and went to neurologist. He wanted to rule out a serious disease like ALS, so the same day I was referred to an open MRI. Instead of sitting in one of those coffins, the MRI machine moves around the room.

I later learned that city of Philadelphia (I had it done in Dallas) has more MRI machines than Canada as a whole. People wait weeks to get an MRI done. A stinging rebuke of socialized medicine.

It turned out there was no degeneration of muscles or nerves. It was either Carpal Tunnel or a virus that attacked my nerves. I still have muscle twitches to this day from my eyelids to my calves, so its BFS. It's on and off. It affects various muscles sometimes. They call it Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, it's probably a viral issue.

Last edited:

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
I've had to many MRI's and CT scans to count:shakehead Had CT head in ER on Saturday and now facing an MRI and EEG after my first and hopefully last grand mal seizure/ turned deep blue and blood sugar 54 for hours. I guess I had more firefighters/paramedics and police at my home then I ever want again. They are not fun.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I had a MRI done to see why I'm half deaf and it was like being in a tiny little claustrophobic rave with a cage on my head. Lots of sirens and banging noises.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I had a MRI done to see why I'm half deaf and it was like being in a tiny little claustrophobic rave with a cage on my head. Lots of sirens and banging noises.

I'm claustrophobic and I had to have them put a towel over my face just so I'd be able to withstand being in there for 45 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad