Post-Game Talk (GBU): Haute Couture

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
What is the point of the 2 idiots in the middle of this stupid diamond set up if they can neither put a body on the man in the slot, nor stop one or two players from screening Hutton or getting rebounds?
It’s not a diamond kill. It’s a T that’s supposed to be used - sporadically - to thwart one sole PP threat (Ovie on his off wing, etc). Not to mention it’s ineffective without footspeed killers...also not to mention that it’s f***ing absurd to use against an umbrella.

I’ve seen it deployed against me one time - properly - when I ran a box-and-one PP. I’ve never noticed it being used consistently in the NHL, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: joshjull

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
And not using your stick as a lead, or as an asset or a weapon, or a way to give up less space...it’s brutal

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
U: I thought the Sabres looked better as whole vs. SJ than they did against Vegas. And they still lost 5-1.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Oh look, they got their A S S E S handed to them........again!
#not winning
#theysuck

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Evander looked good

B- Bogo fighting when it didn't matter. Clock ran out and the emotion will be lost before the next game

U- Captain Jack, this is his team. He has 40 days to drag his team to 8th

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It’s not a diamond kill. It’s a T that’s supposed to be used - sporadically - to thwart one sole PP threat (Ovie on his off wing, etc). Not to mention it’s ineffective without footspeed killers...also not to mention that it’s ****ing absurd to use against an umbrella.

I’ve seen it deployed against me one time - properly - when I ran a box-and-one PP. I’ve never noticed it being used consistently in the NHL, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm curious why the sabres switched to this strategy, I don't remember seeing it last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad