Confirmed with Link: Haula to the Hurricanes for Nicholas Roy + Conditional 5th round pick (2021)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun has more details on that condition in his daily notebook.

If traded for a conditional pick, the highest the pick can go (IOW, conditional 6th that can be upgraded to 4th or similar) is used for determining trade value. Took multiple trade calls to iron out all those details.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Maybe he'll re-sign here next summer.
(probably not after getting traded just before his wedding)

I don't remember any such back and forth trades in NHL, but knowing how much Haula likes it in Vegas, I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen in the future.

As a long time fan, I would say Haula is exactly the kind of player that could make a 1M$ contract if there was a good chance to win the cup. Especially if it was with the Knights.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This must have been one of the guys GMGM was referring to when he said if you can't play in your own end its almost a waste of time. Who else would that apply to? :huh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This must have been one of the guys GMGM was referring to when he said if you can't play in your own end its almost a waste of time. Who else would that apply to? :huh:

I think the jury is still out on whether that was mostly due to Perron and Neal making backchecking an optional adventure.

McPhee on them being high on Roy

I'm choosing to believe he took less to send Haula to a good team.

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Way to hold out for that conditional 5th guys.

Aside from his lack of speed, I like Roy but this is a steal for Haula.

I wouldn't call it a steal. Haula is so average. Plus the wild card is how his knee responds after surgery. His only asset that stands out is/was his speed.

This trade is a win for the Knights, IMO. We needed to shed salary. Now it's time to trade Holden.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Thats going to put a lot of pressure on Gusev but he's been a pro for a long time and I think he will do great. Also opens up a little room for Glass to come in and make the team. If he did well, that would make Eakin expendable right quick.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks to Haula for his contributions here and best of luck to him and family.

As to Roy, McPhee and company have a good eye and their coaching staff/system has a way of getting more from guys than you would think they're capable of. So I hope he's one of those. It does sound like he's a fit as long as he's got a good work ethic shift to shift.

Reactions: Aurinko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad