Injury Report: Haula LBI

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

I'm 100% sure Haula wants to be part of the team in the playoffs, you can see that he really lives for hockey.

With the number of forwards acquired, I hope he gets the knee together ASAP, since there is a chance that GMGM could be planning to trade Haula next season.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Am I the only one who doesn't think Haula adds much, if anything to the lineup? I have a horrible feeling his season last year was a total fluke. He reminds me so much of Carl Hagelin. All the speed in the world, but horrible hands, cannot finish.

If he's ready, we should slot him in some meaningless games down the stretch to increase what little trade value he has. Other than that, I can't see him contributing to any type of playoff run, if we even get out of the first round.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Am I the only one who doesn't think Haula adds much, if anything to the lineup? I have a horrible feeling his season last year was a total fluke. He reminds me so much of Carl Hagelin. All the speed in the world, but horrible hands, cannot finish.

If he's ready, we should slot him in some meaningless games down the stretch to increase what little trade value he has. Other than that, I can't see him contributing to any type of playoff run, if we even get out of the first round.

He might not be great defensively, does not deke or do tricks, but his hands are fine. When was the last time you saw him to blow an A-class scoring chance?!

In my opinion, he is extremely cool headed and decisive, which is exactly what you need in the playoffs. This is pretty much what Brian Lawton noted after he coached the summer league in 2017. With an elite play maker, he could score a lot of goals.

edit: Also remembered Scott Stevens saying that Haula would make for a great D because he is so fast at skating backwards, so the defensive side might not be that bad either. I'm certain Stevens knew what he was talking about.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Not sure how I feel now. I’m worried that he won’t be anywhere near his best after such a long time off and with very little time to get ready for the playoffs.

I really wanted him back a lot more before the Stone trade because the team really needed some help at the time.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Not sure how I feel now. I’m worried that he won’t be anywhere near his best after such a long time off and with very little time to get ready for the playoffs.

I really wanted him back a lot more before the Stone trade because the team really needed some help at the time.

He only has to be better for the team than Carpy and Nosek at this point.....

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Doesn’t seem like he is going to be coming back. Only 2 games left, the season ends Saturday and he still hasn’t played a game yet. I’ll be surprised if he plays against the Sharks.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
For me personally, it would be spectacular to see him in the playoffs this year.

Basically that would only happen if we get to the later rounds and are trailing like 0-3... Gallant said in an interview maybe 1-2 month ago that Erik would have to practice with the team a couple of weeks before he could play, and the expression on his face was like "no way he is playing this year".

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He might not be great defensively, does not deke or do tricks, but his hands are fine. When was the last time you saw him to blow an A-class scoring chance?!

In my opinion, he is extremely cool headed and decisive, which is exactly what you need in the playoffs. This is pretty much what Brian Lawton noted after he coached the summer league in 2017. With an elite play maker, he could score a lot of goals.

edit: Also remembered Scott Stevens saying that Haula would make for a great D because he is so fast at skating backwards, so the defensive side might not be that bad either. I'm certain Stevens knew what he was talking about.

When he was a C in Minnesota he was good defensively but meh offensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad