Player Discussion: Hattrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Scheifele needs a Yzerman type transformation and become a Selke quality C. His D play has been awful for 2 seasons now. Given the poor D zone play of our top scorers it is up to the C (and the coach) to sort things out.

It as awful before too. We just played better team defense. The last 2 years the team hasn’t been able to hide it. Especially this past one

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It as awful before too. We just played better team defense. The last 2 years the team hasn’t been able to hide it. Especially this past one

That's on coaching tho. The system was changed. I think Maurice needs veteran D he trusts. Last season we were decimated. Ppl talk about adding a Samberg or Heinola but we all know Paul wont trust them or atleast give them some benefit of the doubt like he would vets. Wanna truly optimize the team? Go out and get 2 maybe 3 veteran type of D who Maurice can trust so they can go back to playing their most successful style.

Personally with no fans for probably all season again... Im more than fine with giving all our young guys a real shot.. Samberg Heinola Harkins Appleton Vesalainen maybe all need roster spots and playing time.

If Chevy goes out and gets some veteran D... I'd let Paul know that its now or never for him.

I got a serious question for ppl..

Would Paul Maurice still be a head coach after the last 2 seasons on any other team?

Reactions: Ippenator

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
What gets it done from a Jets perspective though. Montreal has no intention of moving Danault. So you'd likely have to offer up something big in order for them to part with him.
Yah, they talking Wpgs 1st #10 OA plus an A prospect??
So, we should expect a later 1st or very high 2nd plus for Lowry, if offered up, right?
I'm not saying Lowry is comparable to Danault, but he is very close or equal to in the defensive side, face-off circle win %'age and outdoes Danault in the hits department.
Nobody is offering up a 1st rounder and a viable prospect for Lowry, are They?
Somebody needs to temper Mtls ask, IMO. Others on there want Laine straight up for Danault?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Could be a

Could be a coaching issue more in that the eye-test showed over use of Scheifele and Wheeler throughout too many games, all 3 periods and there was visible signs of exhaustion combined with opponents playing to stifle their effectiveness.
Scheif needs a reset on his overall 200-foot game and some new line changes should be helpful to teams overall improvement. Could be that with the stronger D lineup a few years ago made Scheifele look more capable in all 3 zones. His appeared focus on scoring more, combined with a weaker D force maybe had Scheif losing focus on his previous strong D play with positive offensive play driving. He is due to turn it around positively, we all hope for.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
That's on coaching tho. The system was changed. I think Maurice needs veteran D he trusts. Last season we were decimated. Ppl talk about adding a Samberg or Heinola but we all know Paul wont trust them or atleast give them some benefit of the doubt like he would vets. Wanna truly optimize the team? Go out and get 2 maybe 3 veteran type of D who Maurice can trust so they can go back to playing their most successful style.

Personally with no fans for probably all season again... Im more than fine with giving all our young guys a real shot.. Samberg Heinola Harkins Appleton Vesalainen maybe all need roster spots and playing time.

If Chevy goes out and gets some veteran D... I'd let Paul know that its now or never for him.

I got a serious question for ppl..

Would Paul Maurice still be a head coach after the last 2 seasons on any other team?

No, he wouldn’t.

IMO, Most would have been fired after the 18/19 collapse. Any of the others who hadn’t been fired would have been fired in the stretch of late Nov to just prior to the all-star break where they were superbly below .500.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So, we should expect a later 1st or very high 2nd plus for Lowry, if offered up, right?
I'm not saying Lowry is comparable to Danault, but he is very close or equal to in the defensive side, face-off circle win %'age and outdoes Danault in the hits department.
Somebody needs to temper Mtls ask, IMO. Others on there want Laine straight up for Danault?

Yeah they are montreal fans they overrate every single one of their players.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

To be fair, all fans do similar things as a whole....some individuals are worse then others of course......some Jets fans here and on the main boards have suggested some pretty wild and crazy offers pumping our players tires also.

Reactions: GumbyCan2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad