Recalled/Assigned: Hathaway assigned to Stockton

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
giveup.gif

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He had good energy last night but not sure he did a whole lot.

It makes sense to send him down based on waivers and I am sure he will be back up with the big team at some point this year.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Would Lazar be claimed if he was waived? Not saying we should at this point, but I really liked what I saw from Hathaway last night. Protected the puck VERY well along the boards and kept the cycle going several times under pretty solid pressure. He plays the way we expect Lazar to play so if it came to having to send someone down later in the season, what risk would there be of Lazar being claimed?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So, at this point are we just keeping Familton up to keep Dougie happy? Serious question, I'd prefer to have Hathaway in our back pocket for when we come up against tougher teams.

Reactions: Cyrano

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So, at this point are we just keeping Familton up to keep Dougie happy? Serious question, I'd prefer to have Hathaway in our back pocket for when we come up against tougher teams.

I'm not sure what the justification is for having Familton on the team over Hathaway. Hathaway is just the better player.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would Lazar be claimed if he was waived? Not saying we should at this point, but I really liked what I saw from Hathaway last night. Protected the puck VERY well along the boards and kept the cycle going several times under pretty solid pressure. He plays the way we expect Lazar to play so if it came to having to send someone down later in the season, what risk would there be of Lazar being claimed?
Someone would claim Lazar and give him a chance for sure. Personally I'd be fine with it though as I have never thought much of him. That said, I think he could still have a small amount of trade value. I mentioned it on the main board earlier today, but I wonder if the Golden Knights would entertain a deal around Lazar(+?) for McNabb

I'm not sure what the justification is for having Familton on the team over Hathaway. Hathaway is just the better player.
Hamilton being a center and then potentially not trusting Lazar at that position? That is what I figure. Hamilton has shown when he actually plays, he fits in and plays a solid game.

Edit: Also Hamilton's cap hit may make him more likely to be claimed, with it being under the league minimum salary, a cap team may be more willing to pull the trigger on a waiver claim.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hamilton is mostly pressbox fodder, and who knows, maybe he helps Dougie with something on a regular basis. And if that's the case, I'd say it's worth keeping him up. Besides, he's doesn't really hurt us when he plays anyway (pretty sure his ice time is in the single digits, usually when he slots in).

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He had good energy last night but not sure he did a whole lot.

It makes sense to send him down based on waivers and I am sure he will be back up with the big team at some point this year.
He's seriously a little overrated by a lot of people. He's physical and he's reasonably good at protecting the puck along the boards, but his offensive skills are below NHL level pretty much across the board, and I don't think he's great defensively either. He's the very definition of an "energy player" and I'd personally prefer energy players who bring more to the table than strictly energy.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Should have been Hamilton. Management's sending all the wrong signals when one of the few players who actually showed something is sent down.

But on the plus side, Brouwer should now be a fixture on the fourth line. Bennett is free.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Letting a guy play seems nicer than condemning him to an entire 82-game season of being in a pressbox unless an emergency forces him into action.

Reactions: Method Man

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I would say the justification is neither guy is really good enough to be an NHL regular and Hathaway has alredy cleared waivers so they can send him down immediately and have Jagr practice right away versus putting Hamilton on waivers and wait until he clears.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Letting a guy play seems nicer than condemning him to an entire 82-game season of being in a pressbox unless an emergency forces him into action.
Eh, I think the 4th line will be a revolving door for much of the year.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I really want Hamilton in Stockton.

But mainly because Stockton has nothing for quality centres and Poirier Mangiapane Klimchuk Foo and Shinkaruk need someone to play with. It's Lomberg and then randoms.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You can say that about whomever the extra forward is though.
You could, yes. Unless we had a situation where one of them (like Lazar) is likely going to platoon with someone.

But even if they were all on the same level, Hathaway is the one who has already cleared waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad