Hat trick for Pens prospect !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Absolut said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup, lets make fun of the Pens fans for getting excited. It'd be so much better for all of us (and the NHL) if they were depressed and disinterested. Those dummies... Trying to enjoy hockey a little bit.

Hey, great post.

#37-#93-#27*

Evilo said:
I agree.
But I can't help but be excited.
He's been great all preseason... and that's is good news...
Jamie Lundmark had 7 goals in 5 games last preseason. Though to be fair, he was playing with Holik on our second line and was moved to the fourth line with no PP time once the season started.

I am not trying to bring down Koltsov, just want to put preseason into perspective. I am also excited to see how he performs this season.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'm always of the opinion that it never hurts to get excited for your team. Koltsov could score 5 goals the entire season. It's not going to kill us.

JasonMacIsaac

Pittsburgh should just start sticking rookies with Mario and after they get 10 points in 10 games trade them for something better.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Ignoring the Penguin jokes (which are somewhat amusing, but not that inventive), Koltsov as Jacobv2 said is not a touted goal scorer.

He has looked entirely different this year though, and has a secure spot on the team right now. We'll see what happens from there.

I guess we should refrain from making any Penguin posts, because apparently, every Penguin prospect is highly overrated.:rolleyes:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I made that comment because both threads started on Penguins players have been frowned upon.

In any event, the Pens have a good depth of young players, no matter what anyone says.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
Jamie Lundmark had 7 goals in 5 games last preseason. Though to be fair, he was playing with Holik on our second line and was moved to the fourth line with no PP time once the season started.

I am not trying to bring down Koltsov, just want to put preseason into perspective. I am also excited to see how he performs this season.

As a Pens fan, I fully understand what you are saying. Kobasew had a killer preseason a few years ago too(or was it last year?). I'm trying to keep perspective here. Not be pessimistic, but reasonable.

For Pens fans though, none of our prospects have shined like this in preseason for us in years. So we get a little bit pumped up when a guy with "hands of stone" scores 3 goals, none of which were Lemieux "gimmes". Koltsov scored his goals because of his speed and ability. It wasn't one of those "keep your stick on the ice and Mario will bank it off you in the net" situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad