Hat trick for Pens prospect !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman*

Playing with Mario could turn those hands from stone to down.

I think they'll make a scary duo, defenders may need to hang back a little.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
He has got a good shot and good hands, but he plays at top speed and skates so quickly that he doesn't have time to convert. But he is starting to learn how to harness his speed.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Reports throughout camp, and pre-season games so far, is that his hands have improved greatly.

And with his speed and defensive ability, he's looking like the triple threat that he...well never was thought to be.

He's played 2 NHL games and he's already exceeding all expectations as it stands. Koltsov is my second favorite prospect(behind only Fleury) so this makes me really, really happy. :yo:

He definitely has the team made, and with tonight's performance may have Lemieux's left wing locked up.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Koltsov has been touted as a guy that will give you everything but goals, so this game was certainly a nice surprise.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
LMAO!
And all the guys saying he had hands of stone, saying he couldn't score to save his life....
I hope he carries on these "hands of stone" all through the season....

#37-#93-#27*

Evilo said:
LMAO!
And all the guys saying he had hands of stone, saying he couldn't score to save his life....
Steve McKenna has scored before. I have better hands then him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A hattrick?
Have you eer scored a hattrick on NHL goalies with laser wrist shots?
Ok was just wondering...

What would be incredible is a line of Koltsov, Fata and Straka.
One of the fastest lines ever.

#37-#93-#27*

Evilo said:
A hattrick?
Have you eer scored a hattrick on NHL goalies with laser wrist shots?
Ok was just wondering...

What would be incredible is a line of Koltsov, Fata and Straka.
One of the fastest lines ever.
Yes I have.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Evilo said:
LMAO!

Simmer down, It's the preseason, it means next to nothing in terms of trying to determine the success of one players season.

Regardless of whether he has scored three goals tonight, he's been impressive for the duration of camp and to me that is a better sign than this game.

Hopefully he establishes himself into the NHL this year, he certainly has the intangibles.

But one preseason game is not a good indicator, I'm sorry. Matt Foy had a better game then Koltsov this exhibition season with 2 goals and 2 assists. Is he going to continue that this year? It could happen, but I'm not gonna bet anything on it. What about Mr. Justin Papineau and his 5 goal performance last year? More goals than he scored the entire NHL season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Brock said:
Simmer down, It's the preseason, it means next to nothing in terms of trying to determine the success of one players season.

Regardless of whether he has scored three goals tonight, he's been impressive for the duration of camp and to me that is a better sign than this game.

Hopefully he establishes himself into the NHL this year, he certainly has the intangibles.

But one preseason game is not a good indicator, I'm sorry. Matt Foy had a better game then Koltsov this exhibition season with 2 goals and 2 assists. Is he going to continue that this year? It could happen, but I'm not gonna bet anything on it. What about Mr. Justin Papineau and his 5 goal performance last year? More goals than he scored the entire NHL season.
I agree.
But I can't help but be excited.
He's been great all preseason... and that's is good news...

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
That much is true. Koltsov will probably find himself on the opening night roster. He's gotten praise all preseason.

Koltsov71

Good to see my favorite player in the Western Hemisphere doing well. He's done everything humanly possibile to make the team, which I think he will.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Alright! Now the Pens have the next Mario AND the next Roy on their team! Both will stay with the big club and lead them to the cup! Wooohoo! The pre season is the perfect measuring stick to determine who is going to be a star in the NHL by the way.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Morozov plays very good with Lemieux, so it would be smart to play him with Mario. I think they should try a line of Koltsov-Mario-Morozov, and have Straka on the second line to try to spread out the scoring (which will be very difficult because the pens won't score too many goals.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
IGM said:
Alright! Now the Pens have the next Mario AND the next Roy on their team! Both will stay with the big club and lead them to the cup! Wooohoo! The pre season is the perfect measuring stick to determine who is going to be a star in the NHL by the way.

You need to work on your subtlety.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
IGM said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup, lets make fun of the Pens fans for getting excited. It'd be so much better for all of us (and the NHL) if they were depressed and disinterested. Those dummies... Trying to enjoy hockey a little bit.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
tom_servo said:
Let's remember that KK played with Lemieux and Straka last night. ;)

That third goal was pretty sweet, though.

I'm thinking Denis is wishing he had just skated 15 feet and smothered it. That goal wouldn't have happened against Vokoun. Vokoun goes crazy when there is a loose puck within a hundred feet of him :D

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Nobody said Koltsov was going to be a star (well at least I didn't), and we all know it is just the preseason, but Koltsov has had trouble scoring in the past, so I can see why people are excited to see him score some goals to go along with good defensive play. All this means is that he is making a strong bid for a roster spot, and many pens fans would like to see him make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad