Has this scenario ever happened: 2 SHG followed by a PPG on the same PP?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
not sure.

I know the Bruins scored 3 shorthanded goals on the same minor penalty vs Carolina once though.

hockey-reference play index tool maybe?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just got me thinking after the Isles scored a SHG and the Canucks responded with a PPG on the same PP

2 SHG followed by a PPG on the same PP?

Used hockey reference and went all the way back to 1987-88 season, they don't have the info from before then. The only occurance I could find of this was on a 5 minute major penalty. It's kind cheating a little bit in a sense but the 2 SH goals came first and all 3 goals came within 2 minutes so it would have still happened had it been a 2 minute minor right before that.

Los Angeles Kings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — January 15, 1994 | Hockey-Reference.com

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Used hockey reference and went all the way back to 1987-88 season, they don't have the info from before then. The only occurance I could find of this was on a 5 minute major penalty. It's kind cheating a little bit in a sense but the 2 SH goals came first and all 3 goals came within 2 minutes so it would have still happened had it been a 2 minute minor right before that.

Los Angeles Kings at New Jersey Devils Box Score — January 15, 1994 | Hockey-Reference.com

That game is amazing 3 shorties and 4 PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad