Has the rebuild failed?

Yes

• Total voters

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Rebuild is generally thought to have begun with the Yandle trade in 2015. I believe it is fair to say that the majority of our picks from that era have graduated to the NHL roster. I am curious as to the general feeling on forum 40. Can the rebuild at this point be considered a failure, too early to tell, or are we on the way to becoming as contender?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
What rebuild? All we've managed to rebuild is yet another roster that's a pile of ****.

Yup. If we wanted to rebuild a team of mediocrity then it succeeded. By any decent standard this rebuild is only starting or very much under way. The one thing a rebuild needs is elite game winning talent, which we desperately lack.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe, but I'd fire the coach first. It's easier to fire the coach than replace the entire team. I'd rather put anyone in there just for a change. RT's coaching career looks like this:

08-09 .394
09-10 .488
17-18 .427
18-19 .428

Maybe he's not cut out to be an NHL head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've basically never had confidence it was going to succeed. But what has failed perhaps even worse is the various attempts at bolstering the roster along the way.

Another week or so of this and I'd be perfectly fine firing everyone. It's not that the team is bad, there has been no response at all that's obviously identifiable on the ice that anyone is attempting to do anything differently to try and generate offense. Either the players aren't listening or aren't capable of it.

Last year you could see the team had actually tried to shape up defensively at about this time. And it did start to work. I'm not seeing any similar effort on the offensive side the puck. They all have the deer in the headlights look.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
I agree, we've seen flashes of talent from most of our young players. They just seem to not care enough to bring it.

Yeah but thats a huge part of a players talent. The bring it attitude. Grit. We have soft talent which is useless when it counts. People seem to be hanging on to the thought that these guys are actually NHL good when in reality they are juniors, minors good.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Need to complete the rebuild (stage 3 or 4 or whatever this is).

Trade OEL + Perlini to Edmonton for Draisatl + Nurse? Coyotes have to add something.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Need to complete the rebuild (stage 3 or 4 or whatever this is).

Trade OEL + Perlini to Edmonton for Draisatl + Nurse? Coyotes have to add something.
You think even Chiarelli makes that trade?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
You think even Chiarelli makes that trade?
Probably not. Depends on the add from the Coyotes. Maybe swap out Nurse for another D but I included him because of speed and nastiness.

Grasping at straws.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Probably not. Depends on the add from the Coyotes. Maybe swap out Nurse for another D but I included him because of speed and nastiness.

Grasping at straws.
Haha easy to see why?? It's not pretty these days. I doubt Oilers deal Drasaitl or Nurse.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Softest team in the league.

Could trade half the team tonight and I wouldn’t miss most of them.

Worst skill, worst coaching, worst tv analyst.

This team can not afford to blow it up again, this team can not afford to bring in more talent, stuck in mediocrity forever

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They are failing to keep my interest and I've been interested through what probably qualify as 'darker' times. The whole point of watching a young team is to watch them improve, not flail around and drown. Nobody wants to watch that.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
Sad part is that the DBacks, Suns and Cardinals suck. We had/have such a great opportunity to pick up some additional fans that are tired of watching "suck" and we are Sh....ing the bed.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Chayka needs to be fired along w/Tocchett. Everyone needs to go...the only person I'd think about keeping would be Allen...but the new coach should be able to hire his own guys, so might as well make it a clean slate and get rid of all of these turds.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
it doesn't matter if the rebuild has failed, because everything this organization touches turns into ****. Clean up the house, fire everyone and make every single player avaible, except Keller

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Every rebuild since the team has been here has failed. We can't draft for shit, and most of the small amount of good players we get we piss off and trade away for mediocre returns.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Coyotes are starting to look like Chayka's Ice Town

e19df7bb9cdfe7a12410d1a9d6237f13.jpg

Reactions: rt and Grimes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad