Has RNH finally flipped the coin?

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
He'll never live up to 1st because he shouldn't have gone 1st, so it's kind of unfair to peg him with that for life. But he will thrive - Big Time - with McD.

It was a weird draft where the 104th overall is leading the class in PPG. That never happens.

TBH, only Gaudreau or Kucherov could have lived up to the #1 moniker and both are late bloomers.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He’s not riding Connor’s coattails. The difference between Nuge at the start of his career/present, and Nuge in the middle seasons is what he’s trying to do out there. In his first year, he was a solid 200 foot player who focused more on offense. Then, he started deferring to others offensively and trying to cover for them defensively. Now, he’s playing with probably the most defensively underrated player in the league (McDavid), and doesn’t have to worry so much about defense. Basically, he went from being a 2 way, 65+ point guy to a shutdown 50 point guy, and back to a 2 way 65+ point guy.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
RNH has just been one of those guys that isn't exactly flashy, but fills a role for us. One problem he' has had is staying healthy.

All things considered if you look at that draft I'm fine with the pick. I do like Landeskog and wouldn't complain if we had him, but who else was a realistic pick at that spot?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Tonight he scored a beauty short hander and set up Mcdavid. First star vs Caps. 11 points in 8 games with a tough schedule and crazy Europe travel. I have always believed he will have point per game seasons in his mid-late twenties.

Reactions: ujju2

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Tonight he scored a beauty short hander and set up Mcdavid. First star vs Caps. 11 points in 8 games with a tough schedule and crazy Europe travel. I have always believed he will have point per game seasons in his mid-late twenties.
he's a solid player. not first overall good but he's a great 2 way player. he's got size on him now and he's starting to put the prices together .

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Take him off McDavid’s line and he’s a 40-50 point player. He’s not a bad player, though.

Reactions: mouz135

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
His shoulder stunted his career. He is like Gordon Bombay in that sense.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
He’s not riding Connor’s coattails. The difference between Nuge at the start of his career/present, and Nuge in the middle seasons is what he’s trying to do out there. In his first year, he was a solid 200 foot player who focused more on offense. Then, he started deferring to others offensively and trying to cover for them defensively. Now, he’s playing with probably the most defensively underrated player in the league (McDavid), and doesn’t have to worry so much about defense. Basically, he went from being a 2 way, 65+ point guy to a shutdown 50 point guy, and back to a 2 way 65+ point guy.
This is so accurate I wish I can like it 1000 times

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He’ll have more points this season if he’s on McDavid’s line all season.
He will but away from McDavid he's still a 50-60 point player. His offensive game was really stunted after Renney was let go and Eakins had him focus almost entirely on defense.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Take him off McDavid’s line and he’s a 40-50 point player. He’s not a bad player, though.

Closer to a 50-60 point player without Connor. But Oilers fans have always believed he would be a late bloomer ala Henrik Sedin. Time will tell with Nugey.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
He will but away from McDavid he's still a 50-60 point player. His offensive game was really stunted after Renney was let go and Eakins had him focus almost entirely on defense.
He’s not a 60 point player. He’s never hit 60 points once. He might this season ‘cause of McDavid.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He’s not a 60 point player. He’s never hit 60 points once. He might this season ‘cause of McDavid.
The only reason he has never hit 60 points is because of injuries. To say he is a 40-50 point player away from McDavid is not accurate at all. He's had one poor offensive season in his career.

Reactions: ujju2 and A91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad