Has RNH finally flipped the coin?

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Drafted first overall, had some good years to start but then fell flat like a lot of other Oilers first round picks. Really struggled for a while then all of a sudden bam, the perfect winger for McDavid. Has RNH finally found where he belongs in Edmonton and can start living up to the hype of being selected first overall so many years ago?

I personally think he is just riding off McDavid but it is good to see him with more offence success.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Drafted first overall, had some good years to start but then fell flat like a lot of other Oilers first round picks. Really struggled for a while then all of a sudden bam, the perfect winger for McDavid. Has RNH finally found where he belongs in Edmonton and can start living up to the hype of being selected first overall so many years ago?

I personally think he is just riding off McDavid but it is good to see him with more offence success.
Last year McLellan asked him to think offense more than he had in the past. (The Oilers had pretty much turned him into a player who took no chances to cheat defensively). The result was that until he got hurt he was on pace for 30+ goals and 60+ points with second pp time and never playing with McDavid.

If you watch the games he is not riding McDavid's coat tails. He is a solid complement to McDavid.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
tenor.gif

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
He will never live up to 1st overall. That ship has sailed as he may not even be a top 10 in a redraft. But he could likely carve out a 3rd line center/top 6 winger on a contending team

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Last year McLellan asked him to think offense more than he had in the past. (The Oilers had pretty much turned him into a player who took no chances to cheat defensively). The result was that until he got hurt he was on pace for 30+ goals and 60+ points with second pp time and never playing with McDavid.

If you watch the games he is not riding McDavid's coat tails. He is a solid complement to McDavid.
Its good to hear he's more than Mcdavid's winger. Im out in the east coast so its tough for me to see their games all the time. What would be a good point total you'd like to see him at by the end of the season? Hoping he doesn't get hurt

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Its good to hear he's more than Mcdavid's winger. Im out in the east coast so its tough for me to see their games all the time. What would be a good point total you'd like to see him at by the end of the season? Hoping he doesn't get hurt

If he stays with McDavid, I think 30-35 goals and 70-75 points is pretty doable. If he moves back to the #2C then 25 goals and 60 points is probably more likely if the teams wingers continue to struggle.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Thought to myself as I clicked on this thread, the contents will:
1) Have a shot about Oilers first overall draft picks
2) Something about riding McDavid’s coatails
3) be by a leafs fan

Congrats on going 3/3.

I took this as a compliment thread to the player..

1) Is it incorrect to say that the Oilers drafting has been pretty bad, and even their top end draft picks didn't reach their projected ceilings or even come close aside from McDavid?

2) McDavid just broke the record for being a part of all of the teams offense.. Not a stretch to say many players are a product of McDavid

3) Irrelevant here

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
With Mcdavid: 30-35 goals, 70-75 points

Without jesus: 25 goals, 60 points

He was on pace for around 30+30 last year before he got injured playing 2/3c with shite wingers.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Contrary to popular opinion McDavid isn't that easy to play with, he's sure to boost your points, but most players don't form chemistry with him all that easily. McDavid plays at such a high pace most players aren't able to read and react to the plays he is making, RNH thinks the game at a really high level and it's why they've worked out together pretty darn well, plus McDavid can share in some of the defensive responsibilities so RNH doesn't need to cheat towards defense like he normally does.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With Mcdavid: 30-35 goals, 70-75 points

Without jesus: 25 goals, 60 points

He was on pace for around 30+30 last year before he got injured playing 2/3c with ****e wingers.

25/60 for a low end 1C is disappointing for a #1 overall pick, but not awful.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nuge is a part of the core. The organization loves him, the fans love him. He is a solid compliment to Mcdavid and helps him out as well. We expect him to hit career highs across the board this year if he stays with Mcdavid. The chemistry there was clear as soon as they started playing together. RNH has worked on his shot/ other nuances of being a winger in the summer to better fit the role he'll play. He should be in line to have a breakout season offensively.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Read the thread title preview and thought this thread was suppose to be "Has RNH finally flipped the f*** out" and now I know it isn't so I am out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->