Has Montreal found its Marchand in Domi?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Domi has 13 goals in 28 games and is scoring at more than a PPG at the moment... I would say that he is well on his way to replicate/surpass Marchand's output as a 23 y old.

I don't understand why you say it is unlikely!

Because Marchand turning into a PPG player at age like 28 after being a 50pt player his whole career isnt normal

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
That could be a good comparison. I find it funny those who say that Domi doesn't have the talent or potential that Marchand has. Ummm, even MARCHAND didn't have that potential a few years ago. he was a 50-55 point player up until the age of 27. Let's see how Domi continues to progress as he's only 23. He's clicked super well with Drouin so hopefully they both continue to play well for the rest of the year and beyond.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Based on how Marchand is viewed by most on these boards I'm not sure if you are trying to compliment Domi or insult him? Many fans say they would never take Marchand on their team. That said, I'd take Domi in a heartbeat.
I'd take Marchand but not Domi.

Only because I hate Max's dad.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Domi's great. Hopefully these two teams heat up the rivalry again.

However, Marchand is probably the worst player to bring in an 'at the same age' discussion as probably the closest comparable to his career arc is Marty St. Louis.

Reactions: MXD

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Domi has 13 goals in 28 games and is scoring at more than a PPG at the moment... I would say that he is well on his way to replicate/surpass Marchand's output as a 23 y old.

!

yeah sure, lets talk at the end of the season, when Domi finishes the season with less then 20 goals

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Because Marchand is one of the better wingers in the game and for anyone with as limited pedigree as Domi to hit that level is unlikely.
I don't really follow. Domi is a first round pick, 12th overall, his dad was an NHL player which is also an achievement. His junior numbers were also impressive.
Marchand was a 3rd round pick, with no family playing in the NHL. If anything Marchand had the limited pedigree and has done very well.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
thats more then he got last year in 50 games
Right...but I'm watching him play right now and he's playing well and scoring good goals. These aren't plekanecs backhands banking off the goalie. Will he remain a point a game and finish with 82-90 points? I really doubt it. Will he hit 20? I feel confident.

Reactions: TheFutureisBright

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Which part? Domi always had a decent upside but Marchand wasn't expected to be anything more than a 3rd/4th liner.
Marchand was a skilled player, a very good prospect. He had a reputation as an agitator which I personally loved as the Bruins needed that. I didn't think he'd be more than a 2nd liner but he definitely could have been more than just a bottom 6 winger. Very talented, but also very small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad