Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
2 bad games against the best defensive line in hockey at Boston... Cause for panic for sure.

What aren't people realizing about this 2 games thing.

That only works in the Regular Season.

If its 2 games in the playoffs ,that can be half a series. Not in this one because they won, but two games is a large sample size, especially when they are BOTH blow-out losses.

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
Uh he was strugglig big time in the first two games, even he would tell you that. Line Being outscored 20-0.

Still has 1 point in 3 games, 2 losses. He's going to have to turn it on big time to give the Leafs any chance.

All the posts and crossbars, and Anderson making that save on an OFF night for the Bruins.

Can Toronto do that every game? Going to be awfully hard.
How can his line be outscored 20-0 when the Bruins have not scored 20 goals in the series?

Reactions: Kelly and maxmn

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
How can his line be outscored 20-0 when the Bruins have not scored 20 goals in the series?

Ugh. Your acting like I'm making this up.

It's only been repeated a hundred times by every person online and on tv.

You combine the points of each player on the line in the series. If Bergeron scores from Marchand and Pastrnak for instance, thats 3 points.

That's how they keep track.

Just scored

Thanks for telling us. I don't know what we'd be able to do without your help.

Matthews has 14 shots in 3 games and a beauty of a GWG goal tonight. 5 goals in 9 playoff games so far. Comes up big when it counts!

Oh so he came up big when it counted TONIGHT. .but not in the first two games. Those didn't count right? He has one point against the Bruins so far in 3 games. You just said When it counts, the first 2 games counted.

When your the franchise forward, you need to be way better. Good on Matthews for showing up tonight.

All those shots, bleh James Neal had 11 shots the other night. Who cares, shots aren't hard to do. I'm sure he's not getting payed by the shot.

Reactions: Gnome17

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
Ugh. Your acting like I'm making this up.

It's only been repeated a hundred times by every person online and on tv.

You combine the points of each player on the line in the series. If Bergeron scores from Marchand and Pastrnak for instance, thats 3 points.

That's how they keep track.

Thanks for telling us. I don't know what we'd be able to do without your help.

Oh so he came up big when it counted TONIGHT. .but not in the first two games. Those didn't count right? He has one point against the Bruins so far in 3 games. You just said When it counts, the first 2 games counted.

When your the franchise forward, you need to be way better. Good on Matthews for showing up tonight.

All those shots, bleh James Neal had 11 shots the other night. Who cares, shots aren't hard to do. I'm sure he's not getting payed by the shot.
So what you really mean is out pointed not out scored.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
So what you really mean is out pointed not out scored.

No....since out pointed isn't a term, I mean just what I said, out scored.

Just like when someone says the league's leading scorer, they mean Points. "McDavid leads the league in scoring" for example.

Are you new to hockey? I don't mean any offense by that question, it's just people having been using these terms for decades.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Uh he was strugglig big time in the first two games, even he would tell you that. Line Being outscored 20-0.

Still has 1 point in 3 games, 2 losses. He's going to have to turn it on big time to give the Leafs any chance.

All the posts and crossbars, and Anderson making that save on an OFF night for the Bruins.

Can Toronto do that every game? Going to be awfully hard.

5 goals in 9 playoff games. Scored a GWG tonight.

I repeat, what psychological problems does he have? Or do they come and go based on the box score? :laugh:

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
5 goals in 9 playoff games. Scored a GWG tonight.

I repeat, what psychological problems does he have? Or do they come and go based on the box score? :laugh:

Why ask me. If you can't tell the guy was mentally rattled when he said "**** happens" and how happy he was to get the monkey off his back tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

You can laugh all you want.

But he's the franchise forward. He did nothing in the first two games, and that may cost your team the season. I'm not even the one saying he has psychological problems, I don't know where your getting this from?

What is with all of you, so defensive if someone dare say something bad about Matthews.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Why is a Sabre fan overreacting to two games where Matthews was held pointless?

I thought it was Leaf fans job to overreact.

I'm not worried at all. Didn't have a good game 1, game two he looked better but the team was sunk by goaltending, and tonight he looked great. Scored the GWG -- 5 goals in 9 playoffs games.

Yeah he's the least of our worries :laugh:

Reactions: ThewThew and daddy

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Why ask me. If you can't tell the guy was mentally rattled when he said "**** happens" and how happy he was to get the monkey off his back tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

But he's the franchise forward. He did nothing in the first two games, and that may cost your team the season.

Watch any of his playoff goals against the Capitals. He always celebrates like that.

And being disappointed at losing = psychological problems? You would think those "problems" could at least last three games. :)

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
No....since out pointed isn't a term, I mean just what I said, out scored.

Just like when someone says the league's leading scorer, they mean Points. "McDavid leads the league in scoring" for example.

Are you new to hockey? I don't mean any offense by that question, it's just people having been using these terms for decades.
So Boston outscored the Leafs 15 - 3 in game 1 and Boston outscored the Leafs 21 - 8 in game 2

Reactions: DigDeep and Kelly

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

If its 2 games in the playoffs ,that can be half a series. Not in this one because they won, but two games is a large sample size, especially when they are BOTH blow-out losses.

I’m not sure I trust a Sabre fans advice about playoff hockey

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

But he's the franchise forward. He did nothing in the first two games, and that may cost your team the season. I'm not even the one saying he has psychological problems, I don't know where your getting this from?

What is with all of you, so defensive if someone dare say something bad about Matthews.

Team out. Incessantly posting on a message board inferring psychological problems of a star hockey player in the middle of the night. Are you really the one to be judging psychological problems? You seem a little obsessed. Like all of your posts are of Matthews

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Easy answer: Patrice Bergeron. The Bruins were the worst matchup he Leafs could have gotten and Bergeron is a huge reason why.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

Man, I'm sorry this is so hard on you. Eichel is not quite as good as Matthews, and is golfing early again.
You can't handle it and your obsession forces you into this nonsense? Kinda sad dude.
Maybe you put in your two cents when Eichel scores a playoff goal? As it is your horse can't keep up, yet here you are talking smack.

Matthews played great 2/3 games this year, scored the game winner last night. Time to find something better to do with your time

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
That’s an odd name

I know, he started out bashing McDavid as well but I think he's grown on him.

Anyways, good bounce back for Matthews and the Leafs I still think the series goes to 6 or 7 games

I've never bashed McDavid, I think you have me confused with another poster. Furthermore, I don't know why posters find it surprising that someone from PA would be a McDavid fan?

finnishflash

Mar 19, 2018
Cut the bs, he is 20 years old for God's sake. Bergeron is simply the worst possible matchup for him.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
:laugh: Greatest of all time? Really? Greatest in the NHL right now perhaps

I'm a leaf fan but i will disagree with you here (partly)

That's nothing to laugh at, Bergeron has been one of the best if not the best defensive forward for about 10ish years. In his time in the league i think only Datsyuk was better than him defensively. While he probably isn't the greatest defensive forward, i feel like he's definitely top 5 so i can kinda understand why that B's fan said that.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I'm a leaf fan but i will disagree with you here (partly)

That's nothing to laugh at, Bergeron has been one of the best if not the best defensive forward for about 10ish years. In his time in the league i think only Datsyuk was better than him defensively. While he probably isn't the greatest defensive forward, i feel like he's definitely top 5 so i can kinda understand why that B's fan said that.

Over history there’s alot of better defensive forwards but I do agree that Bergeron is near the top for the past 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->