Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews sure has been invisible the last 2 games, but you cannot put all the blame on him as the team has been dreadful. Especially Andersen, The team has zero confidence playing in front of him when every shot ends up in the back of the f***ing net.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
5 points in 6 games...

It's ridiculous, two games into the playoffs to suggest he's struggling, so I resisted even posting in this dumb thread, but it gets even dumber when this guy tries to tell you he struggled last year, too.

Last spring, he was held off the score sheet in Game 1 and 2 as well. Then he put up five points in the following four games.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
I don't think he has struggled at all. It has been a rough start for the Leafs but they will bounce back. We can revisit this thing once the series is over.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
i'm sure he is. That's not much of an excuse, since pretty much everyone is playing through something. I guess it depends on what it is though

Yeah, I guess it depends on what it is. If his shoulder is bugging him and needs surgery then it explains why he's been less of an impact player than he usually is. Or maybe he's just having rough two games and will bounce back tonight? :dunno: 2 games is such a small sample size that nothing definitive can be drawn from it.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
"Sophomore centre getting dominated by best 2-way centre in the the league. More news at 11"

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Can people stop reacting so much and changing their opinions based on a small sample size?
I don't recall any non Leaf fans last year creating threads about how good he played in 6 playoff games. No after 2, we get this.
The average hockey fans feels like they have ADD.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He hasn't played well, but it's a small sample size (2 games), if he still slumps in Toronto, then you can start a thread like this, but after 2 games, it's too soon.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Auston Matthews isn't a good player because he only got 29 assists, not 30 guys.

Case closed, shut down the thread, burn the boats, rip the team down, time for a rebuild.

SHIT, even Laine only has 28 assists max! He's a terrible player, burn the boats, on a stacked team like that he should ATLEAST have 30 assists.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Auston Matthews isn't a good player because he only got 29 assists, not 30 guys.

Case closed, shut down the thread, burn the boats, rip the team down, time for a rebuild.

****, even Laine only has 28 assists max! He's a terrible player, burn the boats, on a stacked team like that he should ATLEAST have 30 assists.
Such a try hard post

Reactions: nabob and Jamin

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It's ridiculous, two games into the playoffs to suggest he's struggling, so I resisted even posting in this dumb thread, but it gets even dumber when this guy tries to tell you he struggled last year, too.

Last spring, he was held off the score sheet in Game 1 and 2 as well. Then he put up five points in the following four games.

It’s really not ridiculous at all.

2 games could be half the series and only something like 27 percent of teams come back fo m a 2-0 series lead. So accountability from your stats especially one hailed like Matthews needs to be looked at especially when his line is getting outscored 20-0 in two games.

That being said tonight he can turn it around.

But it’s perfectly fair to criticize after two games in the playoffs.

Just not two or hell even five games into the reg season. That would be pushing it but playoffs? Whole different game of rules.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Let's see how he does tonight at home, I'm assuming Babcock is going to use last change to get him away from the Bergeron line right?

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I'll give him a few games to get his feet wet but he has to deliver the rest of the series. if hes supposed to be this "generational" talent then start producing.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Oh no, Bergeron who shut down Crosby in the past is now shutting down Matthews! SELL SELL SELL!

Yes, but we both know "Matthews is superior to Crosby", so it doesn't really matter. Matthews, already the greatest player ever, should be able to shutdown Bergeron blindfolded.

Ottawa managed to win in 6 games of the first round vs Boston last year, and as far as I can remember Bergeron was playing in all games.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Yes, but we both know "Matthews is superior to Crosby", so it doesn't really matter. Matthews, already the greatest player ever, should be able to shutdown Bergeron blindfolded.

Ottawa managed to win in 6 games of the first round vs Boston last year, and as far as I can remember Bergeron was playing in all games.
They tricked Boston by not having a forward worth shutting down.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
It’s really not ridiculous at all.

2 games could be half the series and only something like 27 percent of teams come back fo m a 2-0 series lead. So accountability from your stats especially one hailed like Matthews needs to be looked at especially when his line is getting outscored 20-0 in two games.

That being said tonight he can turn it around.

But it’s perfectly fair to criticize after two games in the playoffs.

Just not two or hell even five games into the reg season. That would be pushing it but playoffs? Whole different game of rules.
you can't pit matthews playoff stats and eichel regular season stats vs boston against eachother. its unfair

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Boston was not the same team last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad