Has Erik Cole already retired?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Never was a fan of players who "start slow". Why do they start "slow"?

Back to Cole............leave, retire if you're not into it. Now. I don't see the speed and drive he had.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Never was a fan of players who "start slow". Why do they start "slow"?

Back to Cole............leave, retire if you're not into it. Now. I don't see the speed and drive he had.

Cole's play has been improving slightly. It has gone from bad to slightly poor. My guess is, he had no motivation to stay in top shape during the prolonged off-season which really hurts his style of play... mainly speed and some strength. Now that he is back with the boys, he is enjoying the game again, the camaderie, the wins, etc. but it's going to take him more time at his age to get back into game shape, perhaps not even by the end of the season.

Bourque was out of shape last season and couldn't recover until this year so it's very possible that Cole will have an off-year, doesn't mean he wants to retire anymore.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Cole's play has been improving slightly. It has gone from bad to slightly poor. My guess is, he had no motivation to stay in top shape during the prolonged off-season which really hurts his style of play... mainly speed and some strength. Now that he is back with the boys, he is enjoying the game again, the camaderie, the wins, etc. but it's going to take him more time at his age to get back into game shape, perhaps not even by the end of the season.

Bourque was out of shape last season and couldn't recover until this year so it's very possible that Cole will have an off-year, doesn't mean he wants to retire anymore.

I think we all understand that Cole didn't train properly and as such, is not a consummate professional.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There's only one thing left to do...please let's find some Corsi that will make us finally believe that his play is just fine.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They tried it with Gomez... it didn't work.

TRUE. I forgot about that....how the heck is Gomez not used more in San Jose? If Montreal can't read Corsi...isn't San Jose able to? Bunch of incompetent Corsi readers...

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
cole has been a passenger and really has to step up now. yes, slow starter etc. his intensity has been inconsistent and seemingly lackadaisical more often than not. for a veteran, you expect more. a third of this shorten season has gone by (20% regular) and we need him to show up. no excuses.

LaTenderness*

He looks like a real piece of **** out there ..... He'd be our worst player this year if we didn't employ Brian Gionta.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It's 2 quality games (he played well vs NYI too). 1 against a small Isles D and 1 against a team that is awful right now. Still need to see more evidence.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
He played on a line with two ponies who were on fire..... Brian Gionta coulda scored playing with those studs.

Are you serious? Cole was making things happen all over the place tonight, screen on Eller's goal, quick release on his goal, great outlet pass to Eller on Chucky's goal...

And you had to top off this ridiculous post by bashing our captain.

So. Frigging. Typical.

Maelpj*

Where are all the expert haters?

calm down. its one game, he played well but its just one game with 2 kid on fire.

what about being objective and not jumping to conclusion too fast. lets see if he can stay constant.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He played on a line with two ponies who were on fire..... Brian Gionta coulda scored playing with those studs.

No. Cole is better than Gionta anyday. Gionta would have difficulty taking a mere pass from Galchenyuk, and probably would turn over the puck to the opponent more than anything else. At least Cole uses his big body and speed sometimes to generate quality chances. Gionta....nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->