Has Anyone Seen These Top Rated 2005 Prospects Play This Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
If so can you please if possible give me your thoughts on each in terms of of where you project each to be drafted next season and what type of NHLers they project to be. What current NHLers would you compare each to? And if possible rank them. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Devin Setoguchi- — Saskatoon (WHL)
Guillaume Latendresse- Drumm (QMJHL)
Andrew Cogliano - St Mikes (A)
Bobby Ryan- Owen Sound (OHL)
Devin Setoguchi- — Saskatoon (WHL)
Daniel Ryder- Peterborough (OHL)
Nick Drazenovic- Prince George (WHL)
Chris Durand- Seattle (WHL)
Chris Lawrence- SSM (OHL)
Steven Downie- Windsor (OHL)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Ill give you two comparisons:

Brule=Roenick
Cogliano=Kariya

I've only seen Brule in highlight reels but pictured him more like Denis Savard or Saku Koivu, type skill players. Roenick plays with an edge, somewhat like Darcy Tucker, not my favourite players but effective as well, and good two way players. Is this how you see Brule?

Avery4Byng*

Yeah I think Brule=Roenick is a little far fetched. More of a Saku Koivu style or maybe Sakic.....

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
tray said:
Yeah I think Brule=Roenick is a little far fetched. More of a Saku Koivu style or maybe Sakic.....
Brule's style isn't near Koivu's or Sakic's. Brule plays more aggresive than both of them. He plays with an edge every game and he has a lot of talent to go with the competivenees. I see a bit of Yzerman in him. Not saying he will be a Yzerman but plays a similar style.

As for the orginal post I saw Devin Setoguchi play once. I was quite impressed by him but one game is not enough to make a judgement. He does play for a horrible team though.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
canucksfan said:
Brule's style isn't near Koivu's or Sakic's. Brule plays more aggresive than both of them. He plays with an edge every game and he has a lot of talent to go with the competivenees. I see a bit of Yzerman in him. Not saying he will be a Yzerman but plays a similar style.

As for the orginal post I saw Devin Setoguchi play once. I was quite impressed by him but one game is not enough to make a judgement. He does play for a horrible team though.
saku is more aggresive than you think .... saku physical strenght is so underrated !!
he almost fought 2 times this year (the refs pulled him) he crushed 2 player on the board and he's one of the best in the league to protect the puck even with his size !

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I've watched Setoguchi all year this year with S'toon. Certainly is a talent. I think someone on this board posted that his style is like that of Jamie Langenbrunner. That is not a stretch in the least. The kid competes hard each and every night and showed at U-17's that he can almost every other player in his age class.

As far as his team goes----worst record in the country. Devin has been a bright spot and has taken the offensive load many nights on his own shoulders.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
I see Bobby Ryan play a bunch so i'll give you a head up.

To start off he has a pro body and is strong on the puck,he is a poor skater,lacks speed and acceleration. He has jaw-dropping one on one ability and pulls amazing dekes,smart passer who can create something out of nothing with a move or a pass, possesses a strong shot but fans quite a bit. An offense first player,his defense and skating need serious work. But his potential and ability with the puck is sensational and has all the skill he will ever need to become a top class player.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Kryoptix said:
saku is more aggresive than you think .... saku physical strenght is so underrated !!
he almost fought 2 times this year (the refs pulled him) he crushed 2 player on the board and he's one of the best in the league to protect the puck even with his size !

so true.... If the guy has a chance, he will throw a good check... He's also very strong on the puck and always goes in the corners.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Hokay said:
If somebody saw Marc Staal play, I would be very thankful if you can give me something about him.

Thanks!

Only seen him twice, hasn't done anything wonderful. Plays the point on the powerplay well and skates comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad