Has anyone else noticed that this is bringing out the "weird" in some people?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We also need to remember that the cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles has infiltrated every MSM organization around the world, as well as the medical community around the world as well. They are well organized and extremely unified in their purpose and mission. Of course, they do love pizza as well.

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Has anyone mentioned how the pandemic brought the cyclists out in droves? Any rural road near me looks like the Tour de France. Not to mention that means an increase in the activist type of cyclist riding side-by-side and such.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Friday the 13th just doesn't draw the attention of the superstitious crowd like those calendar events did pre-pandemic. And full moons aren't even a blip on the Crazy Radar any more. Oh, how I long for those Good Old Whacky Days. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: JBeast and SNES

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Not sure if I said this back when the thread started but one thing I noticed is people are driving like idiots and have been since the beginning. I drive a lot for work and everywhere I go I have some jackass on my bumper even though I drive consistently over the limit and I'm not an idiot that sits in the left lane. Even on single lane traffic roads I have this happen constantly.

Also yesterday I saw two road warriors going at each other at 120 km/hr in traffic on a major highway. One came really close to losing control, I have it on camera (pulled out my phone when they passed me acting like lunatics - don't judge, it was necessary).

Old post, but recently released data supports this anecdote. Despite far fewer overall miles/kms travelled, especially during the spring, accident rates and fatalities were higher on a relative per-distance basis than they had been in many years.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What is the % of total hospitalization with Covid that are grossly overweight or even obese? I think it’s been posted here it’s 70+%.
Wouldn’t trying to exercise, like riding a bike, make sense, considering the statistics? Don’t consider this weird, but common sense. I’d also be thinking the ones biking are vaccinated too.
Not weird. Smart.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The most “weird” I see in people is the weird mass hysteria and hatemongering against the unvaccinated by the vaccinated
There’s a big difference between a person waiting for their turn to get vaccinated and a person refusing to get vaccinated.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
There’s a big difference between a person waiting for their turn to get vaccinated and a person refusing to get vaccinated.
I don’t care what the reason is, seeing my family divided over this crap is f***ing disturbing to me, and has been the most disturbing thing out of all of this

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The most “weird” I see in people is the weird mass hysteria and hatemongering against the unvaccinated by the vaccinated

No one hates the ones who have a legit reason to not get vaccinated.

The vast majority of unvaccinated don't have a legit reason though.

Countries should be at 90-95% vaccination for eligible ages.

I have the same reaction to people refusing (without legit reason) the polio, measles, rubella etc. vaccines.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

I don’t think you understand why there’s hate towards the anti vax crowd.

Throughout this pandemic, there has been a crowd that has constantly held everyone back with their own selfishness. Mask mandates? Nah can’t do masks because my freedom. Restrictions? My freedom is more important. Downplaying Covid? It’s apparently just the flu.

Now we have our best chance to move forward from this pandemic, with less restrictions and back to normalcy. Guess which group is refusing to get the vaccine? The same ones who cried about their freedoms. Now they’re comparing themselves to being oppressed and second class citizens.

As someone who followed all the mandates, work in a school having to go online several times this past school year, not seeing friends for over a year and a half. Someone who has family who is immune compromised.

I don’t give a flying shit about the sympathy towards a group of people who don’t give a single f*** about anyone else but themselves.

Maybe , just maybe, you’d understand the “hatemongering”.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No one hates the ones who have a legit reason to not get vaccinated.

The vast majority of unvaccinated don't have a legit reason though.

Countries should be at 90-95% vaccination for eligible ages.

I have the same reaction to people refusing (without legit reason) the polio, measles, rubella etc. vaccines.

I don’t think you understand why there’s hate towards the anti vax crowd.

Throughout this pandemic, there has been a crowd that has constantly held everyone back with their own selfishness. Mask mandates? Nah can’t do masks because my freedom. Restrictions? My freedom is more important. Downplaying Covid? It’s apparently just the flu.

Now we have our best chance to move forward from this pandemic, with less restrictions and back to normalcy. Guess which group is refusing to get the vaccine? The same ones who cried about their freedoms. Now they’re comparing themselves to being oppressed and second class citizens.

As someone who followed all the mandates, work in a school having to go online several times this past school year, not seeing friends for over a year and a half. Someone who has family who is immune compromised.

I don’t give a flying shit about the sympathy towards a group of people who don’t give a single f*** about anyone else but themselves.

Maybe , just maybe, you’d understand the “hatemongering”.
Spreading hate shouldn’t be justified no matter what anyone’s reason is. Notice I also never said anything about sympathy.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sorry, I strongly dislike anti vaxxers with a passion.

You’re not getting it.
Nah, you’ve made it clear where you stand, and the fact that you got this upset over someone me saying I find it weird that this massive hate spreading is accepted now shows you can’t be reasoned out of it. I expect and want everyone to play their part in ending this pandemic but hate is becoming its own pandemic which is disturbing to me to see.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Nah, you’ve made it clear where you stand, and the fact that you got this upset over someone me saying I find it weird that this massive hate spreading is accepted now shows you can’t be reasoned out of it. I expect and want everyone to play their part in ending this pandemic but hate is becoming its own pandemic which is disturbing to me to see.

Massively upset? I’m trying to explain to you, why people would “hate monger” against anti vaxxers. Sorry. Some of us have done a lot during this pandemic and some of us are tired of seeing anti vaxxers piss it away with their selfishness.

You’re absolutely right though. I’m not going to be reasoned out of it. Which is ironic considering the anti vaxxer can’t be reasoned with.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
People who refuse to get vaccinated for illegitimate reasons are prolonging the pandemic, compromising healthcare capacity, and causing unnecessary risk to themselves, other unvaccinated people, and worst of all people who can't be vaccinated. I have zero tolerance at this point for the ignorance and selfishness of these people.

Reactions: 42

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Massively upset? I’m trying to explain to you, why people would “hate monger” against anti vaxxers. Sorry. Some of us have done a lot during this pandemic and some of us are tired of seeing anti vaxxers piss it away with their selfishness.

You’re absolutely right though. I’m not going to be reasoned out of it. Which is ironic considering the anti vaxxer can’t be reasoned with.
And I’m trying to explain to you that I don’t this hate spreading is justifiable, no matter how you attempt to “explain it to me”

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
People who refuse to get vaccinated for illegitimate reasons are prolonging the pandemic, compromising healthcare capacity, and causing unnecessary risk to themselves, other unvaccinated people, and worst of all people who can't be vaccinated. I have zero tolerance at this point for the ignorance and selfishness of these people.
You’re saying nothing to me I don’t already know. I’m not saying anyone has to like it, just that I find the massive hate spreading disturbing. The fact that me saying this is such a controversial statement just proves it’s a legitimate problem.

Reactions: Viqsi

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Spreading hate shouldn’t be justified no matter what anyone’s reason is. Notice I also never said anything about sympathy.

This is like saying hating racism is not justified. This is the same thing, except applied to vaccines vs races.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You’re saying nothing to me I don’t already know. I’m not saying anyone has to like it, just that I find the massive hate spreading disturbing. The fact that me saying this is such a controversial statement just proves it’s a legitimate problem.
Define what you mean by "hate". I think people who choose to be unvaccinated should face restrictions and consequences for their decision to negatively impact society. That may include service refusal, termination from work, social distancing or testing requirements, etc. that vaccinated people do not face. To me there is nothing hateful about that policy position.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Define what you mean by "hate". I think people who choose to be unvaccinated should face restrictions and consequences for their decision to negatively impact society. That may include service refusal, termination from work, social distancing or testing requirements, etc. that vaccinated people do not face. To me there is nothing hateful about that policy position.
People saying they want to see these people’s lives ruined and get seriously ill is what I consider hate. Saying you support vaccine mandates (which I don’t personally) is not

Reactions: Viqsi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
People saying they want to see these people’s lives ruined and get seriously ill is what I consider hate. Saying you support vaccine mandates (which I don’t personally) is not
Theoretically someone refusing vaccination and getting terminated for it could "ruin their life". I'd prefer they get vaccinated, but actions have consequences.

I've really not seen much in the way of people "wanting to see unvaccinated people get seriously ill". Is there somewhere specific where you are seeing this sentiment often?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->