Has any player ever been as wasted as McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Isles wasted luongo and Olli Jokinen in a trade for mark parrish and Oleg Kvasha

Definitely a lot different understanding of “wasted” though

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I’m hoping the new GM can fix the team by the 2020 season. He’ll have 2 off seasons to fix this mess with a lot of contracts coming off the books at the end of next season.
Knocking on the wood, why not, but the roster is a symptom, the org is where you'll find the cause. You might need more than a new GM. (Who knows.)

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Hmmmmm.........?????

He is not terrible. I am saying that people acting like all of his team-mates are AHL level players at best. For instance, go check with whom Ovi played during his early years and who was on that defense outside of Mike Green

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
McDavid_Awkward.jpg

Looks more stoned than wasted tbh.

Reactions: dukeofjive

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
mcDavid would seem pretty unique in terms of the disparity between his skill and his team's success, but he's still plenty young, give it time.

Just because you didn't win a cup doesn't mean your talent was wasted- like, ya, that's the ultimate goal, but regularly making playoffs is success, just not the degree of success you'd like.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
So you're ready to declare Nurse to be a "great hockey player"??

That's a tiny limb you're going out on there.

28 game sample size?? How about the rest of his games? How does that body of work stack up to being a "great" hockey player?

Nurse is the definition of an average defenseman. Has really good tools, but his brain can't keep up. And that's not just me saying this, a quick glance at HFOil will support this claim coming from a heap of your own posters.
HFOil hate everyone not named McDavid, that’s a pretty bad bar to use.

Nurse isn’t great, but he’s a damn good young dman who has had a good season. He’s been our #1 dman taking tough matchups and playing insane minutes. He’s in over his head, but his progress this year has been nice to see.

Reactions: wetcoast

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Enough of the McDavid bad situation threads already.
Altering the wording doesn't alter the painfully tired subject.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Matthews and Marner come to mind. Thankfully, Marner will be able to escape in a few months.

Who is going to offer sheet him?

He is a very good player but I hope my team would never offersheet him 11 million per.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If we're talking current players then Erik Karlsson.

Two Norris trophies, the best defenseman in the league, and yet only made it past the first round twice in his career thanks to being stuck on mediocre Sens' teams.

Reactions: LeHab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad