Has any player ever been as wasted as McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Most of those guys played on a contender at some point, many even went to a finals. McDavid is trapped in the basement of the league, on a team with no cap space to make meaningful moves.

Fair enough. He had a decent run that one year the Oilers went to the post-season. It's not like they were swept in the first round or anything.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Tho not as good as Conor, Olli Jokinen was a pretty good player that didnt make the playoffs until he was already in decline

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Fair enough. He had a decent run that one year the Oilers went to the post-season. It's not like they were swept in the first round or anything.

They won one round. I think people overstate just how well they did that one year they made the playoffs.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Ovechkin was pretty wasted last Summer.

As great as McDavid is, I find it hard to believe he'd be able to outdrink him.
With how huge and athletic Ovechkin is I’m curious to how much it actual takes him to get drunk

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Just read: https://www.tsn.ca/the-oilers-are-squandering-mcdavid-s-excellence-1.1255904

Now I'm trying to think of a worse ratio of player ability:team performance over a sustained period of time, but can't really think of anything that comes close to a generational player missing the playoffs in (probably) 3 of 4 years. There's got to be a case of somebody in the pre-cap world though, right?

Wasted? Probably so, McDavid looks like a light weight when it comes to alcohol consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad