Hartikainen

LeafsFIO*

What's the deal with Hartikainen? I know Edmontom traded him because he had no intent to come over to North America, but is there any chance he would sign on with the Leafs?

He seems like a real low-risk/high-reward guy, like Soderberg in Boston.

He has the size to start the year on the third line and not look out of place, could he be a perfect replacement for Kulemin? (Assuming he bolts to Russia and recent rumours of no Komarov are true)

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I'd love for him to replace Kule, and Holland replaces Bolland. Leafs save about 7M, enough to sign Paul Stastny...

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
What's the deal with Hartikainen? I know Edmontom traded him because he had no intent to come over to North America, but is there any chance he would sign on with the Leafs?

He seems like a real low-risk/high-reward guy, like Soderberg in Boston.

He has the size to start the year on the third line and not look out of place, could he be a perfect replacement for Kulemin? (Assuming he bolts to Russia and recent rumours of no Komarov are true)

He is nothing like Soderberg who dominated the SHL before coming over. I rather give a chance to any of the many guys who plays for the Marlies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I think he'll only come over if he has a real shot at making the Leafs.

Also, I highly doubt that Kulemin is going to move back to Russia. I think he'll definitely stay in North America.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
I'd give him a shot just to create more job competition in training camp. I doubt he makes an impact though considering he couldn't consistently crack a horrible Edmonton team in 2012-2013

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I'd give him a shot just to create more job competition in training camp. I doubt he makes an impact though considering he couldn't consistently crack a horrible Edmonton team in 2012-2013

Couldn't make the Finnish team at the WHC in Belarus.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's a 4th line pest, Komarov Lite.

It was said at the time of the trade that he would likely come over next season if the Leafs and him could agree to a contract.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Like Komarov with out the skating and hockey sense I have heard.

Komarov has hockey sense? Maybe defensive acumen.

They're both Finnish, that's really where the comparison starts and ends. If hartikainen was Russian, people wouldnt have ever compared the two. They aren't that similar.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Komarov has hockey sense? Maybe defensive acumen.

They're both Finnish, that's really where the comparison starts and ends. If hartikainen was Russian, people wouldnt have ever compared the two. They aren't that similar.

Well, saying one dont have the same level of hockey sense as the other does not means the other have great hockey sense ;)

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As an Oil fan, I don't think he's good enough to be an NHL regular unless his foot speed improved drastically in the last year. Solid on the boards, but horrible skater with zero offence. Waste of a contract slot if you ask me.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I could see him on the 4th line to start the year. 3rd seems high since he doesn't bring much offense to the table. A couple of my friends are huge Oiler fans and they speak highly of him and think he never got a fair shot at cracking the line up for whatever reason in Edmonton

sda

Feb 18, 2008
He stinks. Another overrated Leaf prospect because he has a European name.

How is he overrated. He is hardly ever talked about and I havnt seen many comments about him being a player that would be anything more than a 4 liner

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
He stinks. Another overrated Leaf prospect because he has a European name.

What no one is overrating him. People were asking about hime. It was could he be a replacement for Kulimin not he is one. another person said "I'd give him a shot just to create more job competition in training camp. I doubt he makes an impact though considering he couldn't consistently crack a horrible Edmonton team in 2012-2013" That is hardly overrating him. Even Russel Oliver made a point. He couldn't make the Finish WC team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad