Confirmed with Link: Hartford Wolfpack fire HC Keith McCambridge

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
McCambridge is an actually good AHL coach, so there must be something more to this. Or they just wanted a sweeping change in coaching staff.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
One would assume that if they relieved their AHL coach of their duties, they would have someone lined up to replace him? This isn't like they just didn't re-up his contract.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
One would assume that if they relieved their AHL coach of their duties, they would have someone lined up to replace him? This isn't like they just didn't re-up his contract.

Maybe, but it’s possible that they want to have a search without being afraid of the word getting out.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

When they fired their NHL head coach right after his season ended last year, they didn't have someone lined up. Why would it be so likely for their AHL coach?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Thank god.

Glad they are realizing they need to make changes down there with good prospects coming into the system.

Reactions: bl02

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No tears shed here. I said it in the HWP thread that I don’t blame all of their ails on him, and I’m happy that they’ll be bringing in a new coaching staff.

If the Rangers are serious about this rebuild, they need to heavily invest in the off-and-on-ice products in Hartford. All good NHL teams have successful farm teams that they can rely on to develop and push their younger players. With the amount of prospects we’ll be bringing into the organization these next few years, it’s paramount that everyone is on the same page troughout the entire organization, all the way from roster construction to on-ice strategies. Drury has a lot of work to do.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
McCambridge is an actually good AHL coach, so there must be something more to this. Or they just wanted a sweeping change in coaching staff.
IDK. With St. John's he had two good years, two bad years, and a horrendous year. Comes here and has a "meh" season and a bad season. Overall 2 playoff appearances in 7 seasons.

I never thought he was bad. But, I didn't see anything special. We weren't especially organized in a tight system or playing balls to the wall. He seemed mediocre to me. A bit of a step up from Company Man Ken.

I think Hartford should have made the playoffs last year and should have at least competed for a spot this year (until we started to dismantle it).

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
IDK. With St. John's he had two good years, two bad years, and a horrendous year. Comes here and has a "meh" season and a bad season. Overall 2 playoff appearances in 7 seasons.

I never thought he was bad. But, I didn't see anything special. We weren't especially organized in a tight system or playing balls to the wall. He seemed mediocre to me. A bit of a step up from Company Man Ken.

I think Hartford should have made the playoffs last year and should have at least competed for a spot this year (until we started to dismantle it).
They were doing well this year for a decent portion of the season, and then it went off the rails. Not sure how much that coincided with the up/down of players all the time between Maine and NY.

I agree that last year should have been a playoff year.

"Good" is relative, IMO.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When they fired their NHL head coach right after his season ended last year, they didn't have someone lined up. Why would it be so likely for their AHL coach?

I guess they wouldn't need to know, but one would assume if they know they don't want McCambridge, they have an idea of who they MAY want and see them as an improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->