Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
You are correct. Assist added for Huska.

Huska should get an assist on the GWG. They're incorrectly giving him an assist on the Rueschhoff goal (he wasn't in the game then) but only Thompson an assist on the GWG. Of course on the winner, the camera guy had no idea what was happening and didn't track the puck up ice so so we don't know how it eventually came free to Khodorenko (must have been pushed forward by Thompson, who was there).

EDIT: And @Ranger Ric and I were thinking the same thing, LOL.

Reactions: Osminator

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If we had a regular ECHL season, Wall would be in the ECHL. He has not been good. Bad goal he just gave up.

A lot of people were writing off Huska heading into the year and talking up Wall, but Huska has been way better.
It’s been said before and it needs to be said again: more than any other position on the ice, goalies take longer and do not follow linear paths in their development.

Or, y’know, more simply, goalies are voodoo.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So when is Hartford’s last game in relation to the NYR season?

pleyoffs?
Hartford's last regular season game is April 27th, with the last AHL regular season games being the 30th. Rangers have their final regular season game on May 8th.

There are 6 NYR games after Hartford finishes their regular season.

As of right now, I don't think the AHL has announced what they're planning to do for the playoffs.

Reactions: egelband

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
unlikely that for the 2nd straight season the Calder Cup playoff structure nor the Calder Cup will be awarded..... the premise was to keep Hartford and the other 27 teams that did elect to have a developmental season could do so....as to not hinder the prospect development side of the organization.

the goal was to get some sort of a schedule to prepare to return full time in 2022-23 based off the parameters the AHL Declared in March 2020, and then the agreement made to allow those teams, including Hartford, to continue to develop prospects in a 25-40 game season depending on circumstances without penalizing those who opted out, like Springfield/Charlotte/Milwaukee....

the one thing that likely needs to be addressed is the rule that if a team is on hiatus/opt out, for whatever reason, that franchise and its parent club shouldn't be forced to sign a temporary contract with another club and their NHL Affiliate in order to keep being an active franchise.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It's an interesting conundrum for the Rangers right now with Barron. It seems like they'd like him to get into a few NHL games before the year is out. But there's only 2 weeks left in AHL season and logically they would just bring up Barron or Reunanen or whoever after the season at this point.

But these next two weeks also coincide with the easier stretch of games for the NYR. And the part of the schedule that's most packed in (8 games in 14 days -- 3x NJ, 2x PHI, 2x BUF, 1X NYI). Whereas if they wait to bring anyone up until AHL season ends, then those callups would end up in games against, BOS, WAS and NYI. If the Rangers have a fighting chance those last 6 games, it might be hard to sneak in Barron or Reunanen or anyone else.

So, it's an interesting conundrum. My guess is, knowing how Quinn operates, even if Barron comes up for a handful of games he barely gets into the lineup. The NYR pretty much have to be eliminated for Barron to get any games in.

The other outstanding question is: would they send Jones down to HFD for any of the remaining games? Or is he just going to get the K'Andre treatment where he practices with the big team to close out the season?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The end of Hartford's season is May 6 not April 27. Eight games to go. 3 games after April 27.

http://theahl.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/01/20-21_teambyteam.pdf

Hartford's last regular season game is April 27th, with the last AHL regular season games being the 30th. Rangers have their final regular season game on May 8th.

There are 6 NYR games after Hartford finishes their regular season.

As of right now, I don't think the AHL has announced what they're planning to do for the playoffs.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Everything I have heard from Gorton and Quinn is that they are going for it. While Rangers next 3 are against NJD Boston has two against the Islanders and one against the Caps and the Bruins have not fared well against those teams this year. After those three games we'll see if the Rangers have made up any ground and have a better sense as to how realistic the playoff run is.

As long as the Rangers have a legitimate shot I can't see any HWP callup getting more than a few minutes a game.

It's an interesting conundrum for the Rangers right now with Barron. It seems like they'd like him to get into a few NHL games before the year is out. But there's only 2 weeks left in AHL season and logically they would just bring up Barron or Reunanen or whoever after the season at this point.

But these next two weeks also coincide with the easier stretch of games for the NYR. And the part of the schedule that's most packed in (8 games in 14 days -- 3x NJ, 2x PHI, 2x BUF, 1X NYI). Whereas if they wait to bring anyone up until AHL season ends, then those callups would end up in games against, BOS, WAS and NYI. If the Rangers have a fighting chance those last 6 games, it might be hard to sneak in Barron or Reunanen or anyone else.

So, it's an interesting conundrum. My guess is, knowing how Quinn operates, even if Barron comes up for a handful of games he barely gets into the lineup. The NYR pretty much have to be eliminated for Barron to get any games in.

The other outstanding question is: would they send Jones down to HFD for any of the remaining games? Or is he just going to get the K'Andre treatment where he practices with the big team to close out the season?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I was listening to the Broadway Hat Podcast and in an interview with Steven Vogel, the host, Kyle Hall said something about the WHL season for some teams could be ending early because of covid and that Robertson and Schneider could be back with the Pack soon. Anyone else hear anything like that?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I was listening to the Broadway Hat Podcast and in an interview with Steven Vogel, the host, Kyle Hall said something about the WHL season for some teams could be ending early because of covid and that Robertson and Schneider could be back with the Pack soon. Anyone else hear anything like that?
I posted in the prospect thread, Medicine Hat and Calgary had to pause their seasons due to COVID about a week back. They're in the same division as Edmonton/Robertson. Medicine Hat was subsequently allowed to resume. I haven't heard anything else about the WHL having issues, they still have 4-8 games scheduled most nights.

EDIT: Also I think you're talking about Steven Voogel who is @Amazing Kreiderman, so you can ask him directly. :)

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even if they get him up to just practice with the team after the Hartford season ends, it would be good. Not sure if that can be done or not.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Bridgeport visits Hartford for the second of three straight between the teams. Nor surprisingly Adam Huska starts in goal but surprisingly, Francois Brassard dresses as the backup and Tyler Wall is scratched. Jonny Brodzinski reenters lineup sending Mason Geertson back to defense replacing Hunter Skinner. No other lineup changes.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
My bad. Game is in Bridgeport.

Bridgeport visits Hartford for the second of three straight between the teams. Nor surprisingly Adam Huska starts in goal but surprisingly, Francois Brassard dresses as the backup and Tyler Wall is scratched. Jonny Brodzinski reenters lineup sending Mason Geertson back to defense replacing Hunter Skinner. No other lineup changes.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria

Wooooow. Need to find out if Wall has an injury or if this is a coach's decision based on his poor play. Good to see Huska in nets though. Sucks to see Skinner come out, but in the AHL you need a Mason Geertson, especially when you face the same two team 8.5 million times in a season.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s been said before and it needs to be said again: more than any other position on the ice, goalies take longer and do not follow linear paths in their development.

Or, y’know, more simply, goalies are voodoo.
All I know is Allaire loves him. That’s good enough for me. I trust his judgement. I still have faith Huska can be an above average back up like Talbot was. I love huge goalies. They torch us when we play them

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Bridgeport announcer says Wall is scratched but didn't indicate reason so I can't answer your question. But it's possible the team wants to give Wall some time off to clear his head.
Wooooow. Need to find out if Wall has an injury or if this is a coach's decision based on his poor play. Good to see Huska in nets though. Sucks to see Skinner come out, but in the AHL you need a Mason Geertson, especially when you face the same two team 8.5 million times in a season.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It took Cam Talbot a while to gain traction in Hartford, Huska and Wall are 'wait and sees'

Georgiev too. He wasn't great early and lost the net to Mazanec when he came over, but eventually turned it around.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Geertson playin with Loverde. Resuchhoff moves up to Barron line replacing Greco. That line created a couple of good chances.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Raddysh has it at the left point on the PP, slides it to Ronning from the top of the right circle, fires a wrister, takes a deflection, ends up at the skates of Thompson. He has his back to the net and just bangs the puck behind him for the goal.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thompson and Khodorenko combine to steal the puck near the top of the circle, break in down low, hard to see exactly what unfolded bu eventually Thompson knocked it in.

EDIT: My stream is garbage today, it keeps dying. I might have to sit out the rest of this one. It's 2-1 after 1, that Pack PP is absolutely on fire and has really propelled them in their streak. IIRC they didn't score one last game but before that, they had gone several consecutive games with multiple PPGs.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Yes. Cuylle blocked the shot and it bounced right to the Bridgeport player. Bad break.
Tigers go up. Shot looks like it hit someone in front and some loser named Blade Jenkins (seriously) picks it up and fires it in from below the circles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad