Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Barron opens it up. He collects a pass from Raddysh and carries it into the zone with speed. He catches Vande Sompel flatfooted, takes him outside, then fires a wrister through the wickets.

Ronning makes a slick little stickhandling play and then sends a good pass from the right circle to the left to a wide open Richards who one-times it in, again through Skarek's five hole.

In between, Bode Wilde through a pretty harmless looking shot at the cage from the wall right as he was getting hit and it beat Wall through a screen.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Scoreless first ends with a burst. Now 4-3 Pack ahead. Barron carries puck down the left wing with Mitch vande Sample, who is half of Barron's size unable to stop Barron who wrists a shot into the far corner. Then Bridgeport dumps the puck in and Bode Wilde takes a shot from the boards and somehow it goes in. Wall continues to have problems on long shots. Then a good break out pass from Reunanen to Ty Ronning who makes a move at the blue line to create some space and then finds Richards breaking down the left side who slaps it in. Shortly after Bridgeport comes down the right wing and a sharp angle shot that Wall misses. The Bridgeport announcer says Wall wants that one back. Then great effort below the net results in Whelan finding Reuschhoff who buries it. More good work by the Khodorenko line results in Khororenko backhanding in a rebound. So each line has a goal from an NCAA forward. Wall then gives up another impossible angle goal. Wall is killing the Pack. Each Pack forward line continues to generate chances, defense not giving up many good chances and Wall letting in more bad goals. We need our Huska.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I'm not sure the way Wall is playing he would be good enough for the ECHL. 3 bad goals that period almost negating lots of good work by the Pack.
If we had a regular ECHL season, Wall would be in the ECHL. He has not been good. Bad goal he just gave up.

A lot of people were writing off Huska heading into the year and talking up Wall, but Huska has been way better.

Reactions: nyr2k2

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Still seems like the guys with real NHL potential are Reunanen and Barron. Wall is...anything but. Not a good outing.

Should have made room on the big club for Reunanen at the deadline.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Still seems like the guys with real NHL potential are Reunanen and Barron. Wall is...anything but. Not a good outing.

Should have made room on the big club for Reunanen at the deadline.

Reunanen can be called up, but we only have 4 callups available between now and the end of the season. There's no roster limit post-TDL, so we can have as many players as we want as long as they fit under the cap.

That said, with Jones here, Reunanen probably won't get called up.

Carp has mentioned both Barron and Geersten as callups:

Rangers at the trade deadline: Gorton's quiet day, Jones' arrival, Kraken protections, DeAngelo's future, more

As we also mentioned Monday, the Rangers are likely to use at least two of their four AHL recalls on Morgan Barron, a power forward, and Mason Geersten, a huge, tough defenseman-turned-winger at some point, with the 23-man roster limit gone after the deadline.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Almost a breakaway at one end, Huska comes out and clears it off the glass and up the ice, Khodorenko picks it up and scores on the breakaway. 5-4.

Reactions: bl02

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Almost a breakaway at one end, Huska comes out and clears it off the glass and up the ice, Khodorenko picks it up and scores on the breakaway. 5-4.

5 goals so far for Pack,
and unlike recent games, all at even strength, PP is 0-1 so far

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Paul Thompson gets puck at blue line and taps it to Khodorenko for the score.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska should get an assist on the GWG. They're incorrectly giving him an assist on the Rueschhoff goal (he wasn't in the game then) but only Thompson an assist on the GWG. Of course on the winner, the camera guy had no idea what was happening and didn't track the puck up ice so so we don't know how it eventually came free to Khodorenko (must have been pushed forward by Thompson, who was there).

EDIT: And @Ranger Ric and I were thinking the same thing, LOL.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
As bad a Wall was the camera man was worse always behind the play and like you said missing the Huska pass up the boards that Thompson picked up.
Huska should get an assist on the GWG. They're incorrectly giving him an assist on the Rueschhoff goal (he wasn't in the game then) but only Thompson an assist on the GWG. Of course on the winner, the camera guy had no idea what was happening and didn't track the puck up ice so so we don't know how it eventually came free to Khodorenko (must have been pushed forward by Thompson, who was there).

EDIT: And @Ranger Ric and I were thinking the same thing, LOL.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Reunanen can be called up, but we only have 4 callups available between now and the end of the season. There's no roster limit post-TDL, so we can have as many players as we want as long as they fit under the cap.

That said, with Jones here, Reunanen probably won't get called up.

Carp has mentioned both Barron and Geersten as callups:

Rangers at the trade deadline: Gorton's quiet day, Jones' arrival, Kraken protections, DeAngelo's future, more

Yes. I was more thinking in terms of moving either Smith or Hajek. I guess I understand why they didn't. Playoff push, regardless of how futile it is, and Reunanen will be here next year so you can move someone in the offseason.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Love the 5-4 win... but Tyler Wall is a full-blown liability out there. He's looked bad on every. single. goal. this. season. As someone further up pointed out, this type of poor play and soft goals won't even cut it in the ECHL. Wall will need a monster summer in all aspects to continue his pro career even at the ECHL level, let alone the AHL.

IF Knoblauch pulled Wall for Huska because he's seen enough of the crap, MEGA RESPECT to him. Of course, if there was a different issue (injury?), fine too. But Wall played like the Pack will lose this game no matter what. Just terrible goaltending for the AHL level.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Reuschhhoff played center today and looked good although I think he probably is better at wing. Perhaps Sanchez was scripted because they wanted to see Reuschhoff at center. He has a unique skill set because of his size which he uses very well, has a quick wrist shot and is good around the net.
yep. Richards too. Barron may yet end up at Wing

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I saw Carp's mention of a Geertson call up. He easily is the worst forward on the team. He just adds nothing and is a drag on the line he plays. He is tough and a very good fighter. He plays first PK with Loverde. But it doesn't make a lot of sense that Geertson would be called up other than a thank you because he is not an NHL player.

As you point out as long as they are in the playoff push it's hard to see them calling up a forward from Hartford to give them a chance to play. The Rangers are wasting Gauthier's year as it is.
Yes. I was more thinking in terms of moving either Smith or Hajek. I guess I understand why they didn't. Playoff push, regardless of how futile it is, and Reunanen will be here next year so you can move someone in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad