Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure if it's been reported on here but I've heard that the Maine affiliation may be ending after this season. If a mod needs to pm me for confirmation than they can do so

Reactions: egelband

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Someone posted a tweet about this two posts prior to yours.
"Great minds think alike?"

I don't know what response you expect, I obviously didn't see it ha. Heard the info a few weeks ago but didn't really feel it proper to share it at that time

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Wolf Pack Twitter says big announcement coming at 11am.. thoughts? New ECHL affiliate announced maybe?
it is re some home game dates
upload_2021-6-3_11-7-13.png

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Maine GM Daniel Briere is Drury's friend. Perhaps no so friendly?
there has been nothing announced publically,. but Ranger fans need to realize, Briere is employed by the Flyers, so the only connection is Spectra Experiences, just as it was when MSG bidded for the rights to the XL Center and lost that.... just as they no longer are in the management business in Connecticut.... whether it was Pratt & Whitney Stadium....

Boston has never cared publically about any affiliation here in Portland, whether it was corporate or privately owned as they got the blame solely for the decision to come here when the Devils bolted for Utica(which didn't exactly last as there is an inherit rivalry between Philadelphia and Boston (remember the 1st event reintroducing the ECHL was PHI/BOS)....

THERE is also the story of why the Rangers left Greenville in 2018, was it not stated that the Rangers do not change affiliations that often

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Next season Hartford will be with Bridgeport, Charlotte, Hershey, Lehigh Valley, Providence, Springfield, and WBS in the Atlantic. Teams will have the option (not sure how that works) of playing 72 or 76 games. Playoffs will expand in some manner.
Beginning in 2022-2023, all divisions will play an equal 72-game slate.
AHL Board approves plan for schedule unification

this graphic from that page pegs the pack to play 72

for the last few seasons, the teams out west played fewer games than the Eastern teams

upload_2021-6-7_15-14-46.png

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->