Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I kind of regret I didn't spring for their Maine Wild Blueberries alternate last year when they were available.
the one thing I do love about this version they haven't/never forgotten the original logo and all that went on in those fifteen seasons even though Philadelphia started the franchise and operated it for those initial 7 seasons.... I just don't think any franchise since has duplicated what those first two editions + from 1977-80 did.... I wish they would incorporate a throwback night to honor the team/franchise that replaced them from 1993-2015. The banners et all are there, but those memories are irreplaceable....

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
1st poster: Hey, based on his game is Wayne Simmonds a reasonable comp for how WC might play?

2nd poster: He compares in these areas of his game pretty favorably but offensively lacks. Good thing we took a common sense approach and looked at an NHL comp to break down what this prospect does in a way that makes sense.

TrueBlue: LOL FOOLS! You aren't smart like me. You don't realize that we could just say he'll be Gretzky bc anything is POSSIBLE.

Everyone else: Thx for another stellar contribution that makes you feel superior at another person's expense but totally misses the point TB.

It's like you're at a party. You're politely chatting about Star Wars being acquired by Disney and the financial ramifications of the move for the stock considering Disney's streaming plans. Then someone else comes over and loudly declares "Pfft! Star Wars? I'm too good for that kids stuff and you should all be too!" Cool...not relevant to the conversation but good for you

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
1st poster: Hey, based on his game is Wayne Simmonds a reasonable comp for how WC might play?

2nd poster: He compares in these areas of his game pretty favorably but offensively lacks. Good thing we took a common sense approach and looked at an NHL comp to break down what this prospect does in a way that makes sense.

TrueBlue: LOL FOOLS! You aren't smart like me. You don't realize that we could just say he'll be Gretzky bc anything is POSSIBLE.

Everyone else: Thx for another stellar contribution that makes you feel superior at another person's expense but totally misses the point TB.

It's like you're at a party. You're politely chatting about Star Wars being acquired by Disney and the financial ramifications of the move for the stock considering Disney's streaming plans. Then someone else comes over and loudly declares "Pfft! Star Wars? I'm too good for that kids stuff and you should all be too!" Cool...not relevant to the conversation but good for you

Really? Using your allegory it’s more like a group is carrying a nice conversation about Oscars nominees and then someone just interferes with “Star Wars are cool, Skywalker is good, can he save the universe from the Empire?” Yeah, TB’s response wasn’t patient but you got the context wrong.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
1-0 after 1. Pack outshoot Bridgeport 12-7. Good Pack period. Only one semi dangerous shot on Wall. Pack with several good chances. Khodorenko carrying the puck into the offensive zone and finding Greco breaking in front behind the defense but unable to put it in. Reuschhoff carrying the puck into the zone and finding Geertsen for a tip in attempt that is stopped. The Richards line had two plays where they kept the puck in the net and created some chances. Then Brodzinski goal.

Reactions: kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I still don't get Geertsen. He's a great teammate, yes, and one of the toughest dudes around. But he's a mediocre defenseman and not effective as a forward. Seems like we probably could have retained him on an AHL deal.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-0 Pack after 2. Pack outshooting Bridgeport 22-13. Not many tough chances for Wall but he looks comfortable. PP2 once again creates a goal with the long shot from Reunanen after Reuschhoff gets him the puck. Reunanen on because Raddysh hurt and went to the bench with Reunanen as his replacement. Ronning with second assist. Another good Pack period. Reuschhoff a couple of good chances. Why he is playing on the 4th line with Geertsen and O'Leary is beyond me although O'Leary did hit the post right after a power play ended. Ronning is always on the puck Barron much better this game. There was a 4-4 from coincidental minors and the Pack put out Barron and Ronning as the forwards. Reunanen skating better than I have seen him all year.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
And putting him on a line with Reuschhoff doesn't exactly help REuschhoff's development.

I still don't get Geertsen. He's a great teammate, yes, and one of the toughest dudes around. But he's a mediocre defenseman and not effective as a forward. Seems like we probably could have retained him on an AHL deal.

Reactions: nyr2k2

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Depending on what moves are made, he may well get a look on the 4th line next year in camp. Just spit balling as to why not a straight AHL deal with him.

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Only possible reason is he is very tough and a very good fighter.

Depending on what moves are made, he may well get a look on the 4th line next year in camp. Just spit balling as to why not a straight AHL deal with him.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That is definitely the reason why and why he switched to forward. But he has to be able to take a somewhat semi regular shift and be able to skate at the NHL level. But I think that he gets a look on the 4th line at camp. For exactly the reason we are mentioning.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Right as I say that Wall kicks out a terrible rebound right to Timashov who fires into the empty cage.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
The early season in the Canada division was a bit of a circus, so I think they signed Geertsen to have a fighter in reserve this year in case we were coming off a game with a line brawl or a terrible suspension hit or something like that. Training him up at forward made sense too, easier to play a game with 11 forwards than it is with 5 defensemen.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
why can't the Rangers ever get skilled tough guys miss the days of Shanahan Dubinsky Callahan Dorsett Carcillo Prust to no skilled Brashear Glass Boogaard

Rangers need more Wayne Simmonds types not a the no skilled goon that can't play a regular shift in the playoffs :sarcasm:

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Didn't like the rebound but Reunanen beaten to the puck allowing the shot and then Raddysh not anywhere near Timashov who had most of the net open.

Right as I say that Wall kicks out a terrible rebound right to Timashov who fires into the empty cage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad