Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Didn't see this on the old thread:

Hartford signs D Zach Guittari to an ATO. 23 year-old RHD out of Brown with decent size. Not a huge offensive player with 4G-11A in 31 GP, but he somehow led his team in scoring.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Didn't see this on the old thread:

Hartford signs D Zach Guittari to an ATO. 23 year-old RHD out of Brown with decent size. Not a huge offensive player with 4G-11A in 31 GP, but he somehow led his team in scoring.
Yep Giuttari and O'Leary were announced on the same day.

Giuttari has posted decent numbers, and you wonder what they'd look like on a team where the top two forwards had more than 13 and 14 points, respectively.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How did Patrick Khodorenko play in his 1st pro game?? Play better than expected. As a Rangers fan, I'm intrigued by him.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
When you check the box-score, and see that roster they skated tonight.

giphy.gif

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is the AHL season still going? I dont see anything on their site about a postponement. Time to send the kids down?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wonder why just an AHL deal for Zach Giuttari
He didn't even get an actual AHL SPC (standard player contract)--he signed an ATO (amateur tryout). So, while they're interested in bringing him in for a look, they apparently don't think he's actually that good of a prospect.

The amount of guys that sign an AHL SPC then eventually an NHL ELC is pretty small, but for guys who start off on an ATO, it's minute.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So a lot of changes coming ?
Lettieri And Nieves likely goes ufa
Oregan and Belesky?
Maybe Fogarty comes back ?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Lettieri And Nieves likely goes ufa
Oregan and Belesky?
Maybe Fogarty comes back ?

only players id bring back is Lettieri and O'Regan. i was hoping both would get some games during the season. Gettinger also should have gotten more games.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
only players id bring back is Lettieri and O'Regan. i was hoping both would get some games during the season. Gettinger also should have gotten more games.

I hope Vinny L is history. He isn't making any players around him better, and personifies that "we are competitors, not teammates" mentality that HFD have struggled with.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Lettieri And Nieves likely goes ufa Oregan and Belesky? Maybe Fogarty comes back ?

I expect Vinni and Boo try their luck elsewhere
i could see Fogarty return, maybe on a high $$ AHL deal, and ORegan might like it w Pack

but lotta guys are free to walk
(NHL) UFA's include (McKegg, Haley) Beleskey Boo, Fogarty, Vinni, ORegan, Ebert, Berube
AHL deals ending: N.Jones, LoVerde, Dmowski, Geertsen, McBride, Taylor, Chase, Tolkinen,

until the Keane deal, i would not have expected LoVerde back,
but now, maybe an opening on right, coach KK, gave him consistent icetime

people speculate a 2-year deal for Berube to satisfy Seattle draft rules,
but it could be any goalie

Jones out-produced Newell and Elmer and the other AHL F's, but if not locked in soon, will likely look around, could sign an ELC elsewhere

(NHL) RFA's DiGiusseppe, Leedahl, Gropp, Fontaine, Raddysh, Crawley,
least likely to QO: Crawley, Leedahl; Fontaine borderline, Gropp they might give his potential an inexpensive 'nother look

Signed for next season: Huska. Day, Reunanen, Rykov, Hajek, Miller,
?Lias?, Gettinger, Kravtsov, Elmer, Newell, Ronning, Khodorenko, OLeary

anticipated adds: Wall, Barron, Lundkvist,
maybe Pajuniemi (but even if signed, maybe loaned back to Liiga or similar);
Gross another option but exclusive draft rights expire June 1

Reactions: Ranger Ric

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gross is a fine juniors player, but he's the same guy that we drafted. Not a lot of progress there. And he still plays like an idiot and takes a lot of colossally dumb penalties. The skating is fine, the shot is good. He's physical. Just not sure he's really more than organizational depth.

Still, I'd sign him. Defense is a strength on our organization and we can use it to shore up the forward depth.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I just think Gross earned a shot with coach Murph in this new gen of young pro D. As nyr2k2 notes. If he is redundant, he can be flipped for depth elsewhere or futures.

I am ready for the ELCs for NJones, Gross, Barron, Lundkvist, Wall and Panjuniemi to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->