Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I heard today that the Slovak hockey season potentially being cancelled altogether. This would affect Huska's loan.

Will try to find confirmation but this is unfortunate if true

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Other than that one kid on Twitter who writes for Dobber, has anyone else said this?

It was actually mentioned on news here in Austria. The problems are mostly financial. Some teams can't afford to continue operations if they don't allow fans in. The loss of revenue will put them out of business. The current limitations make it very difficult for the hockey season to start. With the way things are looking now, the only Slovak team to play hockey is most likely Bratislava Capitals who play in the Austrian league.

Vyhlásenie hokejistov Tipos extraligy

Hokejisti zdvihli varovný prst, Jurinyi: Možno pôjdeme pred parlament

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I heard today that the Slovak hockey season potentially being cancelled altogether. This would affect Huska's loan.

Will try to find confirmation but this is unfortunate if true

I haven’t followed the development that closely, but it sounds like those parts of Europe that was spared in the spring are having more problems right now.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

not sure when you actually spoke to him and coming off shoulder surgery, the delayed season might be good for him...but did you discuss possible plans for this year if the NCAA season hasn't happened? I'm more interested in knowing if the rangers have reached out to discuss options...but this might not have come up if you talked to him awhile ago.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I haven’t followed the development that closely, but it sounds like those parts of Europe that was spared in the spring are having more problems right now.

Summer vacation is causing a slight spike in some places, Slovakia seems to be one of them.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
not sure when you actually spoke to him and coming off shoulder surgery, the delayed season might be good for him...but did you discuss possible plans for this year if the NCAA season hasn't happened? I'm more interested in knowing if the rangers have reached out to discuss options...but this might not have come up if you talked to him awhile ago.

I spoke to him earlier today actually. He reached out after the interview was published. For now, he's waiting for the new season. They have no date yet but there's no talk about him moving elsewhere.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
This kind of inspired me to look at everyone's affiliates. I feel like it's been so long for AHL team shuffling and this offseason brought on a lot of changes. Below are the current NHL/AHL/ECHL affiliates (in NHL alphabetical order)....

Anaheim Ducks/San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers
Arizona Coyotes/Tucson Roadrunners/Rapid City Rush
Boston Bruins/Providence Bruins/Atlanta Gladiators
Buffalo Sabres/Rochester Americans/Cincinnati Cyclones
Calgary Flames/Stockton Heat/Kansas City Mavericks
Carolina Hurricanes/Chicago Wolves/Greenville Swamp Rabbits
Chicago Blackhawks/Rockford IceHogs/Indy Fuel
Colorado Avalanche/Colorado Eagles/Utah Grizzlies
Columbus Blue Jackets/Cleveland Monsters
Dallas Stars/Texas Stars/Idaho Steelheads
Detroit Red Wings/Grand Rapids Griffins/Toledo Walleye
Edmonton Oilers/Bakersfield Condors/Wichita Thunder
Florida Panthers/Charlotte Checkers
Los Angeles Kings/Ontario Reign
Minnesota Wild/Iowa Wild/Allen Americans
Montreal Canadiens/Laval Rocket
Nashville Predators/Milwaukee Admirals/Florida Everblades
New Jersey Devils/Binghamton Devils/Adirondack Thunder
New York Islanders/Bridgeport Sound Tigers/Worcester Railers
New York Rangers/Hartford Wolfpack/Maine Mariners
Ottawa Senators/Belleville Senators/Brampton Beast
Philadelphia Flyers/Lehigh Valley Phantoms/Reading Royals
Pittsburgh Penguins/Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins/Wheeling Nailers
St. Louis Blues/Springfield Thunderbirds
San Jose Sharks/San Jose Barracuda
Seattle Kraken/???/???
Tampa Bay Lightning/Syracuse Crunch/Orlando Solar Bears
Toronto Maple Leafs/Toronto Marlies/Newfoundland Growlers
Vancouver Canucks/Utica Comets/Kalamazoo Wings
Vegas Golden Knights/Henderson Silver Knights/Fort Wayne Komets
Washington Capitals/Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays
Winnipeg Jets/Manitoba Moose/Jacksonville Icemen

All NHL teams have an immediate minor league (AHL) affiliate except the Kraken, but I'm sure they'll have one set up by the time they start play. IIRC, management is already in the works on that. There are some teams that don't have an ECHL affiliate, though. These teams are the Columbus Blue Jackets, Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings, Montreal Canadiens, St. Louis Blues, San Jose Sharks and the Seattle Kraken. I find this weird because there are plenty of teams that are in the SPHL that could be used as double minor affiliates for these NHL players. And few of those teams already were affiliates at one point like the Peoria Rivermen and Roanoke Rail Yard Dogs. What is even more weird is that the Norfolk Admirals are still listed as an independent team playing in the ECHL. They used to be an accomplished AHL team for years.

Also, does anyone have any inclination to what happened to the Manchester Monarchs? I remember them winning the Calder one year and then the next year completely disappearing. I know they were with LA for some time, but seems odd to win it to then never be heard from again.
Seattle announced today that their Palm Springs Firebirds AHL team will not start play in 2021. They are having trouble building their new arena and for their first year, they will send players to several AHL teams. Not optimum.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Seattle announced today that their Palm Springs Firebirds AHL team will not start play in 2021. They are having trouble building their new arena and for their first year, they will send players to several AHL teams. Not optimum.

Not optimum, but I'm not sure it's that big of a deal either. It's not like they'll have a big cupboard in their first season. Vegas had 12 draft picks their first year and not a single one of them spent any real time in the AHL or ECHL. So it's really just a matter of what depth players Seattle needs, and they don't need anywhere near a full roster of those either.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
a very interesting note from @Amazing Kreiderman

makes you wonder what other loans are short term deals like this and the players will be back to start the season...with the late start to the season i've kind of accepted that these guys will be gone for the year but this proves that might not be the case.

I translated an interview with Kakko this morning where he states there's no word on him playing for TPS yet. So it depends on the player, and each loan is negotiated differently.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pre-season games around the holidays should be fun. Usually the WJC-20 would take place then, but this time around you get your prospects around pros. Would be cool to see.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Pre-season games around the holidays should be fun. Usually the WJC-20 would take place then, but this time around you get your prospects around pros. Would be cool to see.

as of right now the WJC is still scheduled to be held, basically the only tourney not cancelled I think...12/26/20-1/4/21. The interesting thing there is that depending on when the NHL season actually starts you might see guys who normally wouldn't be available due to being in the NHL playing in those games if the NHL hasn't started yet.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
as of right now the WJC is still scheduled to be held, basically the only tourney not cancelled I think...12/26/20-1/4/21. The interesting thing there is that depending on when the NHL season actually starts you might see guys who normally wouldn't be available due to being in the NHL playing in those games if the NHL hasn't started yet.

It’s played in Canada so I recon it will be cancelled unless it’s moved to Europe.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Per Twitter: Ryan Gropp and Dawson Leedahl did not receive qualifying offers. Hardly surprised.
Crawley was qualified, which to me was a mild surprise given that he's not very good (despite his playoff pool inclusion).

No one said it directly, but the assumption is Raddysh and Fontaine were also kept. As @cwede has frequently noted, Fontaine would be in line with our past practice on guys we draft who then spend all of their professional time in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->