Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Binghamton Rangers 1996-97 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
the good old Bingo days
i really thought more of those D might make it -
Mike Martin, Michael Stewart [13.OA!], Werenka, Sorokin,Ed Campbell, Silverman
Norstrom and Cairns did, and Galanov and Barry Richter a bit too

The 1992-3 Binghamton Rangers might be the best regular season team not to win a championship. 57 wins, 124 points (next highest was 95) as well as first in GF, GA, and PIM and 4 players over 90 points with Don Biggs leading the AHL w/138. Alas, they got shut down in the 2nd round of the playoffs by the Amerks and their hot goalie, Olaf Kolzig.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
time to Change the title of the Thread to
Hartford Wolf Pack/Jacksonville Icemen Thread: Part XVI

Jacksonville Icemen @JaxIcemen
We’re so excited to announce our new affiliation with the @NYRangers
and @WolfPackAHL

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
maxresdefault.jpg

10 points to anyone who gets the reference.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not ideal but the impact is almost nonexistent on the Rangers. It may make it a bit more difficult for Hartford to get their guys up, but anyone we have in the ECHL is more or less irrelevant, outside of maybe someone like Wall.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wonder if they were working on this move for a while as a contingency. Elmer was loaned out to Jacksonville months ago since Maine was out of the picture.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Not ideal but the impact is almost nonexistent on the Rangers. It may make it a bit more difficult for Hartford to get their guys up, but anyone we have in the ECHL is more or less irrelevant, outside of maybe someone like Wall.

Always felt like Upstate NY made the most sense for a Rangers ECHL affiliate. Keep everyone in the tri-state area.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Let's hypothetically assume that Lundkvist is the only prospect to make the team this upcoming season... (Assume Barron earns a spot as well)

Which prospects in our system are likely to be joining Hartford for this upcoming season?

Robertson?
Jones?

And which others?

Does Schneider have to go back to the WHL?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
This has to have something to do with hedging against a COVID resurgence, right? We now have our ECHL affiliate in a state that is very unlikely to have any onerous COVID restrictions in case the CHL decides to suspend play again.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Let's hypothetically assume that Lundkvist is the only prospect to make the team this upcoming season... (Assume Barron earns a spot as well)
Which prospects in our system are likely to be joining Hartford for this upcoming season?
Robertson? Jones? And which others?
Does Schneider have to go back to the WHL?

Schneider can come to Hartford, eligible both due to turning 20 this calendar year and for having 4 full seasons already

Cuylle meets neither, could not be assigned to AHL
Garand seems to have enough Major Junior seasons, but only 18 games each of last 2, so very likely back to WHL

Henriksson can be assigned to Pack, could be loaned back to SHL

IF the Pajuniemi signing is made official, and he is not loaned to KHL or Sweden, he will be in Hartford.

Skinner will most likely be w Pack , although eligible to play 'over-age' in OHL, if he seems not ready and London would take him as an OA
(same unlikely option for Robertson re WHL)

Edstrom could get signed and assigned, but no indications that will happen

our pals here will correct, and add to, my comments as needed

Reactions: wolfgaze

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This has to have something to do with hedging against a COVID resurgence, right? We now have our ECHL affiliate in a state that is very unlikely to have any onerous COVID restrictions in case the CHL decides to suspend play again.

On the other hand if a resurgence of a variant comes, it's more likely that the operation ends up shut down, entirely.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Sorry this seems overthinking to me, I think this is just finding a short-term option, on short(ish) notice, with few choices

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Road to New York begins in Jacksonville. :help:

“Todays fans will receive a free Tim Tebow T-shirt”

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Shit, you're in Jacksonville area, too?

I just caught wind of this today - motivation enhanced to go to Icemen games.

Shit you’re in Jacksonville!? How long have we been messaging on this crazy site…

I just told the wife I am going to make a more concerted effort to go next season

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->