News Article: Hartford Wolf Pack Home to get $250M in Renovations

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Wow. Couldn't they just buy the Panthers with that kind of cash? :laugh:That's awesome for the Pack and the fans though!:yo:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Could have nothing to do with Pack staying

Isles may move farm to Nassau, then Pack may move to B'port

This is mostly being done now that UConn joined Hockey East (BU, BC, Maine, Providence, etc) league

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
That article was such poor journalism; Steve Avery? The guy who pitched for the Braves in the early 90s? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also that picture is from 6-7 years ago. Jordan Owens and Patrick Rissimiller...wow blasts from the past.

I went to a game at the end of the 06-07 season and that arena looked like a a town recovering from the aftermath of a battle. The entire mall that the arena was in was stripped.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Could have nothing to do with Pack staying

Isles may move farm to Nassau, then Pack may move to B'port

This is mostly being done now that UConn joined Hockey East (BU, BC, Maine, Providence, etc) league

That's been the big rumor for the last year. Imo the Rangers would be very amenable to this scenario.

But the Islander players have complained about the set up that they have now.

It's been a logistical nightmare with traffic for them now.

Practice in Syosset, and games in Brooklyn. Traffic problems in conjunction with scheduling, viewing and attendance issues.

They signed a 25 year lease but one prominent insider said that the team already regrets the move to Brooklyn.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Wow. Couldn't they just buy the Panthers with that kind of cash? :laugh:That's awesome for the Pack and the fans though!:yo:

haha yea probably

K48Qm7Jm.png

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
That article was such poor journalism; Steve Avery? The guy who pitched for the Braves in the early 90s? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also that picture is from 6-7 years ago. Jordan Owens and Patrick Rissimiller...wow blasts from the past.

I went to a game at the end of the 06-07 season and that arena looked like a a town recovering from the aftermath of a battle. The entire mall that the arena was in was stripped.

The XL Center is home to the Hartford Wolf Pack, a New York Rangers farm team, where professional hockey star Steve Avery played in 2008.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was like....who?

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
That's been the big rumor for the last year. Imo the Rangers would be very amenable to this scenario.

But the Islander players have complained about the set up that they have now.

It's been a logistical nightmare with traffic for them now.

Practice in Syosset, and games in Brooklyn. Traffic problems in conjunction with scheduling, viewing and attendance issues.

They signed a 25 year lease but one prominent insider said that the team already regrets the move to Brooklyn.

There was an article in Newsday yesterday about a buyout, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Bettman was basically saying they are in Brooklyn now, get over it.

I played games at their rink in Syosset, it is a dump. It's hard to believe an NHL team actually practices there. I thought they had purchased the Twins Rink in Hicksville or somewhere like that. Still not ideal but it's definitely a better rink, especially to house an NHL team for practices.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
There was an article in Newsday yesterday about a buyout, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Bettman was basically saying they are in Brooklyn now, get over it.

I played games at their rink in Syosset, it is a dump. It's hard to believe an NHL team actually practices there. I thought they had purchased the Twins Rink in Hicksville or somewhere like that. Still not ideal but it's definitely a better rink, especially to house an NHL team for practices.

Yeah it's a much better situation but still a big hike. It's interesting because the main issue is the travel. Players that stayed in Long Island were better served than the ones the moved to the city since they just go to practice and the games ala the Rangers living in Westchester.

Traffic is the biggest issue for them, and it's really become a quality of life thing for a lot of their players who are taking the LIRR and the Subway.

Add in the fact that Brooklynites really didn't take to the team beyond that of a novelty.... (Surprise!).... and attendance is really shoddy and the travel is an issue for the diehards on the Island to commute to.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
the twin rinks facility is gorgeous and a much better practice facility. unfortunately the place in bankrupt. the rink still is nice but missing finishing touches. if the islander bought in it would be a great thing. funny thing is it is extremely close to where the coliseum is. basically down the road

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
the twin rinks facility is gorgeous and a much better practice facility. unfortunately the place in bankrupt. the rink still is nice but missing finishing touches. if the islander bought in it would be a great thing. funny thing is it is extremely close to where the coliseum is. basically down the road

It's interesting I worked on a couple of deals involving Long Island athletic complexes the last couple of years, the Isles would be wise to grab something sooner rather than later as this years experience can turn off quite a few would be free agents.

It is tough tough tough to get everything in order to get a deal going like this... zoning issues, permits, travel time to public transportation.... the Isles will have to spend quite a bit to accommodate their players if they want their hockey players to have that normalcy back.

Right now some of their guys don't have time for their afternoon naps because of the commute.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
It's interesting I worked on a couple of deals involving Long Island athletic complexes the last couple of years, the Isles would be wise to grab something sooner rather than later as this years experience can turn off quite a few would be free agents.

It is tough tough tough to get everything in order to get a deal going like this... zoning issues, permits, travel time to public transportation.... the Isles will have to spend quite a bit to accommodate their players if they want their hockey players to have that normalcy back.

Right now some of their guys don't have time for their afternoon naps because of the commute.

i know a few islander players and lets just say they arent overly happy playing in brooklyn

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->