Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
He'll probably be the 6/7 D and play "tough" games on the fourth line. If he plays.

It's not like Geersten is some bum who can't skate and is only playing hockey because he fights. He was a 4th round draft pick who scored 38 points his final year of juniors....He's a perfectly fine 6/7 D at the AHL level who adds toughness, which is more important down in lower levels of hockey.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not like Geersten is some bum who can't skate and is only playing hockey because he fights. He was a 4th round draft pick who scored 38 points his final year of juniors....He's a perfectly fine 6/7 D at the AHL level who adds toughness, which is more important down in lower levels of hockey.
LOL I know who he is and I'm fine that they brought him back. His skating does suck, though.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Oh, I knew you weren't the one complaining about Geertsten. Also, there's poor skating and then goon-level poor skating a la, say, Steve MacIntyre, who had racked up a total of 5pts in 3 WHL seasons.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
In the 2 games I saw Geertson in Charlotte, he was really bad.

And I mean, that was even in comparison to the rest of the team, who was also really bad.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sounds like the AHL will officially cancel the rest of the season as early as tomorrow. BoG meet tomorrow and everyone I've read has said they believe they'll vote to end it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Sounds like the AHL will officially cancel the rest of the season as early as tomorrow. BoG meet tomorrow and everyone I've read has said they believe they'll vote to end it.
All the other sports should quit fooling themselves and follow suit

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All the other sports should quit fooling themselves and follow suit
The NHL and NBA should, for sure. I want to say there's time for baseball, but is there, really? Unless they want to be playing games in January and then cut the next ST in half I don't know.

The NFL, still seems so far off. I honestly don't know. I don't even care. Maybe the NHL finally calls it off, I'll move to caring about baseball, and only once I know what's going on with baseball will I maybe care about football. No college football would be a bummer.

I actually had to Google to make sure that the NBA hadn't cancelled. LOL.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The NHL and NBA should, for sure. I want to say there's time for baseball, but is there, really? Unless they want to be playing games in January and then cut the next ST in half I don't know.

The NFL, still seems so far off. I honestly don't know. I don't even care. Maybe the NHL finally calls it off, I'll move to caring about baseball, and only once I know what's going on with baseball will I maybe care about football. No college football would be a bummer.

I actually had to Google to make sure that the NBA hadn't cancelled. LOL.
NFL is the only one I could see maybe happening? It’s a tough call on if they want to play without fans. No way you can put fans in an arena or a stadium until there’s a vaccine (I mean, you can, but you’d be an idiot).

MLB is a weird one. They’d be starting too late and I really don’t know if there’s any upside to bumping everything back.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
NFL is the only one I could see maybe happening? It’s a tough call on if they want to play without fans. No way you can put fans in an arena or a stadium until there’s a vaccine (I mean, you can, but you’d be an idiot).

MLB is a weird one. They’d be starting too late and I really don’t know if there’s any upside to bumping everything back.
Yeah that basically sums it up for me. It's just weird, because we'll probably have half of the country doing one thing and the other half doing something else, as usual, which just makes any decision that much more difficult.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yep not surprising. These teams don't have big TV, sponsorship, or merchandising deals; they really rely on having people in the seats. Gates and food revenues and stuff like that. Minor leagues can't survive with empty arenas.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
EDIT: I guess I'm bad at copying links or Jesse deleted and re-posted.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
New York Rangers: Warning signs in Hartford

Thought this was interesting. Any thoughts?
I don't buy much of it. I said going into the year they needed another 4A guy on offense. I kept saying, "go get someone from Europe and pay them a good AHL veteran salary." They didn't and their offense struggled as a result. They didn't have enough guys. Was obvious to see. Nieves sucks and is always hurt. Fogarty has turned himself into a nice AHL player but he's no offensive catalyst. This guy seems to think there's something telling about having to trade Keane for Gauthier--yes, it's telling that the Wolf Pack was very thin upfront, which everyone knew, and which was also then exacerbated with Di Giuseppe being called up.

Defensively? Why is it a problem that we didn't call up Raddysh, Crawley, Day, Hajek, or Rykov? Rykov barely played after being injured and was in his first year. Hajek took a step back after starting in the NHL, coming back from an injury. Darren Raddysh is interesting, but he's a fringe prospect. Crawley and Day suck. Rykov and Hajek are the only two on that list that legitimately should have been considered for regular shifts this season. Sooo, Hajek disappointing is an indictment of the whole system? Sure. Let's also talk about how cool Keane was but not credit the coaches for what he did.

Failures were listed as Andersson, Gettinger, Nieves, and Fogarty. Andersson was a massive failure, but it seems purely speculative to try to blame the Hartford organization. We don't need to rehash why the kid sucks, but I see no indication he sucks because of Hartford's staff or anything. The author praised Di Giuseppe, but then said he was too old to really be a prospect--yet is critical of Fogarty and Nieves' development despite them being older. I don't get that. Lindgren is a success, even though it was noted he was a product of the previous coaching staff?

Also, yeah, Shesterkin was a huge help. And when he was called up, the guys behind him couldn't cut it. Failure in development? Huska was a rookie. Then they take Keane--not listed as a success!--and trade him for a guy who killed it in the AHL, and put that guy in the NHL. So yeah, no shit that will have a big impact on the team.

It's all "whatever". Some people are just pessimists.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don't buy much of it. I said going into the year they needed another 4A guy on offense. I kept saying, "go get someone from Europe and pay them a good AHL veteran salary." They didn't and their offense struggled as a result. They didn't have enough guys. Was obvious to see. Nieves sucks and is always hurt. Fogarty has turned himself into a nice AHL player but he's no offensive catalyst. This guy seems to think there's something telling about having to trade Keane for Gauthier--yes, it's telling that the Wolf Pack was very thin upfront, which everyone knew, and which was also then exacerbated with Di Giuseppe being called up.

Defensively? Why is it a problem that we didn't call up Raddysh, Crawley, Day, Hajek, or Rykov? Rykov barely played after being injured and was in his first year. Hajek took a step back after starting in the NHL, coming back from an injury. Darren Raddysh is interesting, but he's a fringe prospect. Crawley and Day suck. Rykov and Hajek are the only two on that list that legitimately should have been considered for regular shifts this season. Sooo, Hajek disappointing is an indictment of the whole system? Sure. Let's also talk about how cool Keane was but not credit the coaches for what he did.

Failures were listed as Andersson, Gettinger, Nieves, and Fogarty. Andersson was a massive failure, but it seems purely speculative to try to blame the Hartford organization. We don't need to rehash why the kid sucks, but I see no indication he sucks because of Hartford's staff or anything. The author praised Di Giuseppe, but then said he was too old to really be a prospect--yet is critical of Fogarty and Nieves' development despite them being older. I don't get that. Lindgren is a success, even though it was noted he was a product of the previous coaching staff?

Also, yeah, Shesterkin was a huge help. And when he was called up, the guys behind him couldn't cut it. Failure in development? Huska was a rookie. Then they take Keane--not listed as a success!--and trade him for a guy who killed it in the AHL, and put that guy in the NHL. So yeah, no shit that will have a big impact on the team.

It's all "whatever". Some people are just pessimists.

That's honestly what I thought, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->