nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Screenshot_20200212-201406_Chrome.jpg
Full house as usual!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Anybody have word on Kravty? How’s he’s looked (stat line is all I’ve seen sadly)

Up and down is a good way to describe it, but been trending up recently.

Tonight, not much to see, but he did just draw an interference penalty driving to the net for a penalty and now he just made a fantastic backcheck to deny a 1 on 1 with Huska

Reactions: Riche16

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Is Rykov injured or still battling a nasty flu bug? It's odd that he's been out this long.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He played on 2/8 and actually scored a goal. But he was out the two precious games on 2/7 and 2/5. And now tonight. I didn't watch the 2/8 game so I don't know if he picked up an injury, but he's probably not sick at this point.

Yup, and I don't think it is poor play. Possibly aggravated something in the last game, but without the team saying something, we won't really know.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hartford's home win streak is snapped after losing 2-1.

Not much from the game overall offensively. Pens played a good road game limiting chances.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gonna get worse too. Expect Kravtsov to get his cup of coffee to finish the year. I expect Nieves up too maybe Lettieri even

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Gonna get worse too. Expect Kravtsov to get his cup of coffee to finish the year. I expect Nieves up too maybe Lettieri even
Agree on Kravtsov – but I don't think we'll see the others, since if that many bodies get shipped off the NHL squad, there will be bodies coming back the other way (who will profile as much more likely to become NHLers).

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Has kravstov shown any ability to get to the net ? I’m tired of the rangers and perimeter players . Please stop drafting players that need to learn a North American style .

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I could see Gorton doing Beleskey a solid and bringing him up as a 4th liner for 10-15 games. The guy has played hard down in the AHL. Probably Fogarty as well
was the cap a reason why Beleskey is not here over Haley. Beleskey can still play as a 4th liner in my opinion? Boston is retaining so I doubt that is the reason. like Phil, he should be on the NHL roster.

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I guess, but I feel like Beleskey has proven he’s not an NHL player at this point

I think he has proven that his offense is gone, but from what I have seen I would say he could be an effective 4th liner who hits, fights occasionally and provided ~15 points a year. Not earth shattering but probably would have been an upgrade from what the team had to start.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
was the cap a reason why Beleskey is not here over Haley. Beleskey can still play as a 4th liner in my opinion? Boston is retaining so I doubt that is the reason. like Phil, he should be on the NHL roster.

I think that is the main reason, yes.

I guess, but I feel like Beleskey has proven he’s not an NHL player at this point

FYI these days details like Cap hit are publicly available:
New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Even w retention, Beleskey Cap hit is $1.9M (pro-rated over regular season, like all)
while PdG (and Nieves, Fogarty, Lettieri) is just $700k
[ Gettinger $730k, Kratsov $925k, Lias $894k)
so signifigant difference

re GK's post, i don't know if I agree,
Beleskey likely wont ever have another impact NHL scoring season (37 goals, 69 pts total across '14-15 and '15-16),
but the market place for 11th, 12th, 13th NHL forwards is inconsistent, unpredictable, fickle

Beleskey still plays with and edge and has more winger skills than, just using NYR recent examples, Haley, BSmith, CMcLeod, CBrickley

i could see him getting a shot as a depth winger during these last few weeks of his contract, either w NYR if they move out multiple Fs, or with contender needing depth
in my mind, a coach like Joel Q w Panthers, could probably make good use of Beleskey or B.Smith, he utilized marginal guys to good effect during those 3 CBH Cup runs

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
FYI these days details like Cap hit are publicly available:
New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Even w retention, Beleskey Cap hit is $1.9M (pro-rated over regular season, like all)
while PdG (and Niees, Fogarty, Lettieri) is just $700k
[ Gettinger $730k, Kratsov $925k, Lias $894k)
so signifigant difference

re GK's post, i don't know if I agree,
Beleskey likely wont ever have another impact NHL scoring season (37 goals, 69 pts total across '14-15 and '15-16),
but the market place for 11th, 12th, 13th NHL forwards is inconsistent, unpredictable, fickle

Beleskey still plays with and edge and has more winger skills than, just using NYR recent examples, Haley, BSmith, CMcLeod, CBrickley

i could see him getting a shot as a depth winger during these last few weeks of his contract, either w NYR if they move out multiple Fs, or with contender needing depth
in my mind, a coach like Joel Q w Panthers, could probably make good use of Beleskey or B.Smith, he utilized marginal guys to good effect during those 3 CBH Cup runs
Saying he’s better than guys who also aren’t NHLers isn’t really saying much

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
But after the trade deadline a team can only make 4 call ups - outside of emergencies -- and if the Rangers want to send some players to Hartford for the playoffs the team will have to assign those players to Hartford and then bring them back using some of the 4 allowable call ups. So for example, if the Rangers want De Guisepe and Shesterkin to play for Hartford in the playoffs they will have to assign them to Hartford and then use two of the four allowable call ups to bring them back to the Rangers. I think it is unlikely that the Rangers use one of the four call ups to do a favor to a player given the limitations in bringing players up from Hartford.

I could see Gorton doing Beleskey a solid and bringing him up as a 4th liner for 10-15 games. The guy has played hard down in the AHL. Probably Fogarty as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad