News Article: Harry Zolnierczyk will be joining the Flyers in Winnipeg (has been issued jersey #12)

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller

Harry Z, reportedly recalled by #Flyers, had 7 goals, 17 points and was minus-11 in 46 AHL games for Phantoms this season.

--------------------------------------------
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull

Harry Z reportedly being recalled by #Flyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Why not Noebels? And what about Gus? Foster has been brutal recently and if they're not gonna use him on the pp he shouldn't be in the lineup

Foster sucks big time. If Devils fan get excited when we make a FA signing it's evident how bad he is.

Gustafsson should play with the Flyers ASAP.

Noebels, I don't know. Guy has just a handful of games played for the Phantoms and is about to get used to the pros. I believe it's too early for him.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Yeah I agree. I have had no problem with Gervais. He's been a perfectly fine defender. Hasn't looked great. Hasn't looked bad. Typical bottom pair guy. Foster, on the other hand, has looked pretty bad.

They are both crap, but Gervais is actually brutal. He was fine earlier in the season, but lately he just makes everything 100% harder for Coburn with his horrible decision making

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They are both crap, but Gervais is actually brutal. He was fine earlier in the season, but lately he just makes everything 100% harder for Coburn with his horrible decision making

Meh. He's a 6/7 guy. That's what you get with those players. He's not by any means a standout, but he is not bringing the team down. I'd take Gervais over Foster thus far this season. Obviously if there was an unpgrade I'd prefer that over Gervais, but it appears there isn't one. We are stuck with a 6/7 guy in the lineup for the time being...just like every other team in the league.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Marginal callup...will have marginal impact. Our farm system is putrid.....it's like the days of Don Nachbaur and Glenn Seabrooke

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

Of course you could just reunite the Coburn-Grossman pairing and call up Gustafsson to let him play with Lilja (I believe they'd be at least decent) but that's probably to easy.

Since Foster has a booming shot he is the clear cut choice :rant:

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Meh. He's a 6/7 guy. That's what you get with those players. He's not by any means a standout, but he is not bringing the team down. I'd take Gervais over Foster thus far this season. Obviously if there was an unpgrade I'd prefer that over Gervais, but it appears there isn't one. We are stuck with a 6/7 guy in the lineup for the time being...just like every other team in the league.

I'd prefer Gus because at least he can learn from his mistakes still.

When Mez is healthy:

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Mezsaros-Gustafsson

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
At least Harry Z busts his ass and hustles. Jets have no real fighters or nut cases, sit Sestitto and put in Z !

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd prefer Gus because at least he can learn from his mistakes still.

When Mez is healthy:

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Mezsaros-Gustafsson

I've got nothing against Gus. I imagine there is a reason he is not on the big club though (injuries, poor play, etc). If he is hurt I would think he gets a look when he recovers. If he isn't playing well in ADK it doesn't make much sense to call him up to the NHL.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I've got nothing against Gus. I imagine there is a reason he is not on the big club though (injuries, poor play, etc). If he is hurt I would think he gets a look when he recovers. If he isn't playing well in ADK it doesn't make much sense to call him up to the NHL.

He was hurt, but is back now. I hope they are just letting him get back to full speed before calling him up. Sam C seems to think he'll be up soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad