Hardest hitter on the senators

SenatorArmy*

None of Cowen hits really impress me that much. The skinner hit is nice, but they're not devastating in the same sense as Neils hits on Boychuk, Boyle, Little & Drury, for example. Neil has a knack for hitting you head on without you suspecting it. Neil knocks players out of the game & sometimes concusses players with his hits. When Cowen hits someone they usually get right back up so I don't see how anyone could say that Cowen is a harder hitter.

SenatorArmy*

Here is a montage of Neil hits where he's knocked players out of games or injured them...

I hope Cowen does this sort of thing one day

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
that Neil hit was something. I was at the game, and you can just hear the impact. What a hit for sure. I wonder who's the strongest person on our team? I would guess Cowen

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I think the Sutton hit on Leopold is the hardest hit by a Senator ever & probably still the best hit in recent NHL history

Neil on Boychuk is one of the hardest hits I have ever seen. Maybe the hardest. It honestly looked like he got hit by a car.

Sutton took out Leopolds head. Neils hit was DEAD ON the chest and he just destroyed him.

Last edited:

SenatorArmy*

Neil on Boychuk is one of the hardest hits I have ever seen. Maybe the hardest. It honestly looked like he got hit by a car.

Sutton took out Leopolds head. Neils hit was DEAD ON the chest and he just destroyed him.

That's a fair point...Neil's hit was more direct...Sutton's was more devastating. Actually Neil's hit on Boychuk reminds me alot of Anthony Camara on Patrik Luza except Camara's hit was more devastating...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Boychuk hit, which I also saw live, was the hardest hit I've ever seen in hockey. It's like watching a car crash, and arguably Neil's most devastating hit ever.

A few runners-up

Sutton on Leopold
Downie on Dean-o-mac
Phaneuf on Da Costa

Regarding the Phaneuf hit on Da Costa, i did not like the aftermath with the Phillips love-in with Phaneuf. I have seen Phillips do that throughout his career and i feel that he does not come to the defense of his team mates when needed.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

So beautiful.

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit.gif

alex-ovechkin-karlsson-hit2.gif

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Neil is a predator, heads above any of the other contenders. Volchenkov in his prime gave him a run, supposedly he murdered someone in a rookie tournament they say.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
That's a fair point...Neil's hit was more direct...Sutton's was more devastating. Actually Neil's hit on Boychuk reminds me alot of Anthony Camara on Patrik Luza except Camara's hit was more devastating...

Gotta love the IIHF.

Beautiful hit, no immediate penalty. Oh goodness he is injured, okay then, 5 minutes and a game for you!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The title reads like it's from the current team, not history of the Sens.

1. Neil
2. Boroweicki
3. Cowen
4. Gryba
5. Methot

SenatorArmy*

Gotta love the IIHF.

Beautiful hit, no immediate penalty. Oh goodness he is injured, okay then, 5 minutes and a game for you!

lol...yea that's pretty much the way it goes, then the one rare time I can actually agree with the NHL call, Sutton was not penalized& rightfully so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad